Loss of focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of focus

When using the EFS editor, if you switch away to another window, say to copy something, and then switch back, you lose the focus in the editor and the only way to get it back seems to be to click on it with the mouse. This constant keyboard-mouse-keyboard activity is annoying and a waste of time. It's also non-standard Windows behavior. Can somebody put in a request to fix this, so that when you switch back to an editor window you will be back to the caret where you left off typing?

Using eSignal 7.4 Build 608

Also when an EFS editor window is floating, Ctrl-C, Ctrol-V etc can not be caught and processed by the editor window.

Comment

Try using 2 monitors and copy & paste. Seems like a simple process to me?

Fibbgann
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Originally posted by FibbGann
        Try using 2 monitors and copy & paste. Seems like a simple process to me?

Fibbgann
        Why don't you give it a try and then report back to us.

Comment

Works fine on my end!

Fibbgann
          Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Don,

It looks like the cursor is not displaying the cursor when you switch back to the original Editor window, but the focus is still there. I pulled up two editors clicked in one, then copied something from the other, then Ctrl-Tabbed back to the other and hit Ctrl-V to Paste. While I didn't see a cursor when I switched back, the paste occurred in the correct spot.

Hope that helps!
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Hope that helps!
              No Jay, that didn't help. Try it again and when you Ctrl-tab back into your edit window try typing in some text. It absolutely does not work here because the edit window doesn't have the keyboard focus.

Works fine on my end!
              FibGann, so you're claiming you can Ctrl-tab between edit windows and continue typing in any window you move to, without resetting the focus by clicking on it with the mouse? What version of eSignal are you using?

Comment

FWIW I can replicate Don's issue. While <Ctrl>+V does indeed Paste at the cursor's last position in the Editor window as Jay indicates, if one tabs back to the Editor window the cursor is not available for typing.
                I am unable instead to replicate clearpicks' issue as <Ctrl>+C or <Ctrl>+V seem to be available even when the window is in pop-out mode (build 621)
                Alex

Comment

Don, Alex,

Thanks for your replies. I'll be sure to pass this along to our QA Team to investigate.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

OK Jay, thanks for giving this your attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X