• Show
Clear All

• [email protected] (not working)

This address is not working anymore. I sent the following message:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:35 AM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: ALERTs

I would like to see an option on the ALERT screen to add the stock = symbol or better the stock name to whatever wave file was selected for the audio alert. For example: If I selected ALERT.wav and symbol AAPL, when my alert is triggered the audio response would be: "your alert target has been reached" + "for symbol AAPL" (or for Apple Computers). It should be relatively simple for you to digitize the wave files for most of the stocks (or symbols). If not allow for a second custom wave file that I create to be added to the audio alert.

and received the this error:

<[email protected]>:
    Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Try the following new address--

[email protected]
    Marc

Comment

You can already do this! Just download a free text to voice program from www.zdnet.com and you can customize any type of alert you want. Our you can just speak it into a microphone on your pc and save it as a wav. file This is very simple.

Fibbgann
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Thanks Fibgann,
        I've already created custom wave files. What I want to do is have the option for 2 wave files with one of them using a text-to-speech or a predigitized library of stock symbols. So if ABC triggers my alert the system would play my wave file ("an alert has been triggered") and convert the text for the symbol ABC to speech ("for symbol ABC"). While it's true I could record a custom alert to say this for every alert I create, it would be simpler to add the capability for a 2nd wave file the was created on the fly so to speak.

Comment

Working...
        X