Importing a Symbol Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a Symbol Collection

How does one import a symbol collection? Looked at the Help Files under Importing Collections but the information there does not seem to be current (there is no Import *.COL under Files nor anywhere else that I can find). I'm running Version 7.5 build 620.

Any help is appreciated,

Bill S

Bill
    You have two methods you can use to import symbol lists.
    The first one is a simple Copy and Paste. The symbols in the list must be in single column with a <CR> at the end of every line.
    The second method requires that the symbol list be formatted in the same way as above and that the ascii file have a *.TXT extension.
    Once you have that organized open a new Quote Window, select Quote Options->Dynamic Quote File from the main menu. This will open a dialog box that allows you to navigate to the txt file containing the symbol list which will then be imported in the Quote Window.
    With this method you also have the option to update the Quote Window dynamically when the original txt file is changed.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex,

The Copy & Paste method works like a charm. Will try alternate method a little latter.

Thanks again,

Bill S

Comment

Hi, I come back to this old thread as I read some instructions on a word file prepared by my broker and there they speak about file-import list .col, I did not find any import insrtuction, I fully appreciate the metohds you suggest but I'm still curios about this other method.
        Currently I'm using Realtick and list management is quite easy, do you think (if you know RT obviously) that the second method you suggest is similar to RT list management?
        Thanks, bye
        Smodato

Comment

Smodato
          That method is no longer available.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X