Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

Hello,

I'm having problems using Metastocks The Downloader. Everytime I tell it to collect at least 3 years of data it only collects the current dates data. My data provider is Esignal and in vendor options I selected the Signal tab and left everything else default. Can I get historical data using Metastock 8 Professional, The Downloader and Esignal. Or do I need to sign up to the Reuters Data provider.

Thanks,
    Brian

My response is posted in the Metastock Forum.

Thanks.

Comment

Every time I use quote plus to download stocks Esignal boots up. This is now becoming extremely annoying.

Would you please tell me where and how I could stop this.

Thanks,

Dominick

Originally posted by ScottJ
      My response is posted in the Metastock Forum.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not familiar with "quote plus". What company produces that software? Have you checked with that vendor as to why eSignal boots?

Thanks.

Comment

This has never happened before until I loaded the latest esignal beta,(7.4,build 608).

I think it has something to do with esignal files, html file extensions and Internet explorer. Some file extensions has to be changed but I don't know which ones and where.

Dominick

I'm not familiar with "quote plus". What company produces that software? Have you checked with that vendor as to why eSignal boots?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information but I'm still not sure how to assist you further until I understand what "quote plus" is? We make some file changes in every release but I know of no impact to any 3p app, at least none that we are aware of yet.

BTW, the current beta build is 7.5 build 621 if you'd like to try that one.

Thanks.

Comment

Quoteplus2,(www.qp2.com) is an end of day charting service. I download at the end of the day and it also converts their data into my metastock and Amibroker formats. Yes I use Esignal RT and Metastock and Amibroker end of day charts.

I installed the latests Beta and will see what happens Monday.

Thanks,

Dominick

Thanks for the additional information but I'm still not sure how to assist you further until I understand what "quote plus" is? We make some file changes in every release but I know of no impact to any 3p app, at least none that we are aware of yet.

BTW, the current beta build is 7.5 build 621 if you'd like to try that one.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Please Help

Originally posted by bkbri
                Hello,

I'm having problems using Metastocks The Downloader. Everytime I tell it to collect at least 3 years of data it only collects the current dates data. My data provider is Esignal and in vendor options I selected the Signal tab and left everything else default. Can I get historical data using Metastock 8 Professional, The Downloader and Esignal. Or do I need to sign up to the Reuters Data provider.

Thanks,
                Brian

If you cannot get the Downloader to operate properly for downloading the data from eSignal, I would suggest you try QCollector for esignal. It will save the data in MS format in the MS folders!

Bob
                RTS Trading

Comment

Working...
                X