Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user...but not satisfied

Hi all,i'm esignal new user,but i have some problems
    First of all i can't see quote on quotes table,sometimes the quotes appears and sometimes diappears,i've tried to change colors and fonts but problem's still there.
    I use IB TWS platform ,usually the quotes on TWS are quicker than esignal.....why????
    Last but non least ,sometimes one chart stop working,and i have to do reset to restart it
    Now i'm using the 7.2 beta but i tried 7.1....same problems.
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you
    Ciao

Regarding quotes disappearing, it sounds like you may have set the quote text or background or realtime text or background colors to be the same. Clearly, if the text and background color are the same, the quote will be invisible (e.g. black text on a black background is all black and therefore invisible).

Make sure the text and background colors are all different and you should always see the quotes. This can be confirmed by looking for the sample text in the color selection screen. If it's invisible, change the text or background or color. Check under Real Time Text and Real Time Background also. These are the colors used when a live quote is being displayed, meaning the quote is updated with a fresh quote. The Quote Text and Bagkround colors are used for the quotes when they're not changing due to real time data.

Regarding charts stopping you may want to contact eSignal support directly. They may be able to offer some specific advice when the problem occurs.

Comment to the board moderators: consider setting up a New User's board. That would separate some of the simpler questions from the more complex ones, and could be particularly useful for new users. I assume the 7.X board is for existing users migrating from pre 7.X versions, but I suppose it could also be a place for users entirely new to eSignal.
    Last edited by jeffch; 01-07-2003, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Akuna Matata
      Why don't you post your layout to FileShare in the Beta 7-2 group (preferably) or in the Open Publishing Group (you need to be a member of either group before doing this).
      This will provide Support with an exact replica of your Layout and will help in identifying whatever problem you may be having.
      To publish the Layout make sure you have your Layout loaded and the eSignalCentral toolbar active then click on the second icon from the right (Publish Page to FileShare).
      A dialog box will appear asking for your FileShare username and password followed by another dialog box asking you where to post the Layout.
      Remember to include efs if you are using any (there is an option to do this in the Publish Page to FileShare dialog box).
      Alex

Comment

Thanx for asnwers.
        Now i'm using a quote window that i have on another pc with the right colors.....it works on the other pc but it doesn't works on this one..

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'New user...but not satisfied'

Do you by chance have TS2k on the computer where the Quote Window does not
          work?
          If so you may want to also read this thread
          http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=251
          and the solution kindly provided by Glazman.
          Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Reply to post 'New user...but not satisfied'

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Do you by chance have TS2k on the computer where the Quote Window does not
            work?
            If so you may want to also read this thread
            http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=251
            and the solution kindly provided by Glazman.
            Alex
            Yes Alex....it was Freeze=1
            Now it's ok.
            Thank You

Comment

Working...
            X