accessing TurboFeed thru 2nd pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing TurboFeed thru 2nd pc

I currently use 2 networked PC's in my dailly trading activities. I had eSignal on one PC with dual monitors and IB/TWS and Bracket Trader on a second PC with a single monitor.

I just started using an EFS to generate buy/sell signals via Dynaorder to IB/TWS. Now it seems I must have all these applications running on the same PC. That would be eSignal/IB-TWS/Dynaorder/Bracket Trader. I'm not too happy with this arrangement. Is much too crowded.

Is there any way that I can access the eSignal data via my network? Or can eSignal/efs transmit signals from one PC to another?

Peter
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Please check license, networked DDE

If I recall correctly, the license agreement for eSignal is for the Data Manager to run on one computer only. If so a second computer may need a second license.

Note however that I've heard that you can talk Networked DDE to the Data Manager on one computer from another. In particular Sun workstations had networked DDE client code. I have not tried this myself, and it may satisfy both the need for a single licensed feed (and DDE server) and multiple client machines. Hope this doesn't get me in trouble with DBC.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has been able to run clients on separate machines using Networked DDE. Quite sure it's possible.
    Last edited by jeffch; 01-08-2003, 12:41 PM.

Comment

thanks Jeff
      that sounds promising

one way to get around the licensing issue would be to just have the efs running on one pc with eSignal to communicate with dynaorder running on the other networked pc.

my os is windows2000 pro
      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Comment

Don't know if eSignal is networked, but Data Manager is

Hi zigzag,
        I'm not sure that eSignal is set up to comunicate with other networked applications, but I'm pretty sure the Data Manager is. I should add that it may take some programming unless you already have an application that can act as a Networked DDE client. I would assume most can't, thus the probable need for programming.
        Last edited by jeffch; 01-08-2003, 04:32 PM.

Comment

To Zigzag:

Your EFS code can not communicate with the remote Dynaorder Host - it is not designed to receive commands from the networked computer.

eSignal and Dynaorder Host should work on the same machine to work together.

DB

Comment

Working...
          X