Can this be done in ESignal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be done in ESignal????

I am considering switching to esignal. Can the following be done to create an automatic screener/scanner based upon my criteria? For example, say I want to automate something like the following:

1. Download last 30 days data for each stock in the SP500.
    2. Calculate 20 day Bollinger Bands
    3. Determine if current close is below the 20 day Bollinger Band.
    4. If yes put this stock in a list for for further analysis.

This is something like a scanner, but it needs to be completely configurable to screen a group of stocks based upon user defined criteria such as bollinger Bands, Moving Averages, etc. Most scanners only scan based upon fairly simple predefined criteria.

Using the scripting language and a list of the SP500 securities, could I iteratively (or simultaneously), download the data and then run a script that performs the above or similar analysis, and spit out the list of stocks that meets the criteria? This would need to be able to be automated. I could sit there and do it myself one stock at a time, but the goal is to be able to walk away and return later to find a list of stocks that meets my criteria. I am comfortable programming in different programming languages. Thanks. I am not familiar with ESignal, but am considering it if it allows me to screen large numbers of stocks for my own criteria.

Long Drive

If I correctly understood your question , my answer is yes. You can do whatever you like with Esignal.
    You have 5 different scanners:
    1) Premarket scanner ( the name speaks for itself)
    2) Power Scanner ( same )
    3) Hot Group Scanner ( scanning just Hot Groups of Companies)
    4) rally Scanner ( scanning securiyies in " rally")
    5) ADVANGED GET SCANNER

Each one - and expecially AGET SCAN- is completely configurable with a very large numbers of filters, set up and Xref.

So you may want to take a tour on www.esignal.com and look for scanners and /or Turbo package.

Market Scanner Promotion
    Last edited by fabrizio; 11-03-2003, 10:21 AM.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Long Drive

Here is

A link to Market Scanner Promotion
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Fabrizio

Thanks. I will take a closer look at the scanner capabilities and maybe sign up for the free 30 days.

Comment

From my experience with the scanners, I am sorry to say ! am very underwhelmed by what they can do. What is really required is a scanner capability that can search any parameter or set of parameters from a built-in or custom efs script using a query like language.

For example, find all nyse stocks with an adx greater than 30 and pdi higher than mdi on a 5 minute basis.

or

find all Indu stocks with a wr7 daily bar yesterday

etc...

This would deliver a list in say a quote format and then you can click on any stock/instrument listed and display your favorite linked chart.

Robert

Comment

When you find one let me know!

FIbbgann
            Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Give Pristine ESP a trial (http://pristine.com/esp_product/). They give you a 2 week free use. Not perfect by any means as you have to follow Pristine methodology, but vastly superior (sorry eSignal) to eSignal's offering which is so old fashioned technologically and of limited use for finding good buy and sell setups during the trading day.

What I would prefer is a scanner in the manner I have described in my earlier post. But ESP is the best I have found thus far.

Robert

Comment

Thanks I already have ESP, I am far beyond this.

Fibbgann

Comment

Have you used anything better than ESP? I would be interested to test drive it.

Of course it would be nice if eSignal developed something superior.

Robert

Comment

Are you part of "Neural Protocol Elte" ?
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Hello Fabrizio

No I'm not part of any group. What is the group you have referred to?

Robert

Comment

no, Nothing , my point was to Fibb Gann

No problem.
                        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I was told ESP is supposed to be linked to esignal at the beggining of 2004 sometime. But, I cannot get a confirmation from esignal. Although I did get one from Pristine.

Fibbgann

Comment

If ESP was somehow integrated/linked into eSignal, that would be a big step forward to me as I have adopted many of Pristine's trading plays for stock trading.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                            X