Display Excel data every 5 mins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Excel data every 5 mins ?

I am looking at the Excel sample sheet provided by eSignal and instead of displaying a single row of the Last price for a Symbol, what I want to do is display the closing price(Last) for a Symbol every 5 minutes.

So I will build up a column at 5 minute intervals on each row showing the price at that time. Then I want to do this for other symbols as we go across the columns.

I can do this easily with the Qcharts/Qlink dde, can anyone tell me how to do it with the eSignal dde ?

Thanks
    Bill

Hi Bill,

You should be able to accomplish what you're looking to do by writing a few excel macros that automatically update linked cells and then move to a new row and repeat the process on a given interval. If you're not too comfortable at writing macros, you might want to check out this DDE Capture utility written by one of our partners, Fintools. They offer a free 30 day demo of this utility as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

info

Dear ScottJ,
      is possible to have realtime uptade vs the same data of previous day..ie:

IBM Realt time at 09:25 - 30$, Volume 125000
      Ibm Last day at 09:25 - 29.58$ Volume 39500
      ibm to days ago at 09:25 27.99$ Volume 158000

Thanks a lot Ciro, italy.

Comment

Hi vciro,

As it stands currently, our DDE links only connect to the data manager to retrieve the current quote. You can't use DDE to retrieve daily or intraday history. We'll likely have some sort of ActiveX solution in the future that will handle this but for now, your best bet is to save the data you need each day and build your own database.

To get you started quicker, you could also use the Data Export function or the Tick Playback tool w/in Advanced Chart, grab the history data and import that history into Excel. Then update going forward using DDE.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there some way to import the TIME along with Last, Bid, Ask, Change?

Is there a list someplace of the various data that can be imported into excel (i.e. the basic dde data available--- I understand that 7.6 allows you to create data items with EFS that can be imported via DDE into excel ).

Parker
          Parker

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
            Hi Bill,

You should be able to accomplish what you're looking to do by writing a few excel macros that automatically update linked cells and then move to a new row and repeat the process on a given interval. If you're not too comfortable at writing macros, you might want to check out this DDE Capture utility written by one of our partners, Fintools. They offer a free 30 day demo of this utility as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
            Are they still supporting this tool... I signed up for the 30 day trial sent them an email with a really simple question that was never responded to. When I called the company they told me to send an email??????????

All I need to know is, if there is a way to get DDE Capture to write to the next successive row as opposed to inserting new rows.

I don't (and I don't think most people do) creat charts or analize data with the newest data on top...

Does anyone have a clue about how to use this application and if there is a way to manipulate how the data is delivered into the rows?
            John E. Putman II, CTA
            Putman Financial Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X