Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Problems !?

Hello... i have got a problem...
    i coded a formula in efs and its working fine.
    but there is a problem on my daddys pc because the trendchanges are not at the points i defined ... and thats very bad because so the formula is useless...

here is my question: what can make a formula different on a other pc when the source is exactly the same?

My PC: Windows XP, 2000 Mhz, 512mb ram (i think this doesnt matter ?!)

My daddy`s PC: Windows 98, 800 Mhz, 256 mb ram...

Please help its very important for us...
    and if you have questions i try to answer them as fast as possible...

regards erilein

Off the top of my head I would say verify that the symbol, interval and Time Template of the charts are the same. If you are in the same tz, the easiest way to do this may be to copy over the .ach
    file.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

thats the problem... everything is exactly the same (formula, ach, all copied with a floppydisk...) and it doesnt work...
      i dont understand that
      regards erilein

Comment

Well post up a snap shot of both, and if you want to the formula.
        That would give us more info...

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Eric
          I regularly switch efs(s) back and forth on two of my machines one of which uses win2k and the other win98 without any problems so I doubt the OS has much to do with this.
          Also from your message it is not clear if the formulas are not working at all or if they are working differently.
          Anyhow one thing you want to verify on either computer is the setting for "Make all formulas compute on close". To do this click on Toolks->EFS->Settings and make sure that it is set the same as yours.
          Assuming everything else is the same I cannot come up with any other reasons as to why they would behave differently. As Garth said post a snapshot of both or the formula.
          Alex

Comment

hmmm ok now there is a other point of view... because today i opened the formula i coded and it isnt working anymore... perhabs there was a bug on that day when it worked...
            i dont know its very mystirious

regards erilein

Comment

Working...
            X