Wealth-Lab and eSignal RT data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wealth-Lab and eSignal RT data

The people at Wealth-Lab are in the process of investigating this problem, but I post it here on the chance that someone else has experienced the same thing.

I am running WLD 3.0 with 2 scripts (on ES & NQ) with a RT data feed from eSignal, 1 min bars. During regular market hours, I have no problems at all. But during after hours trading, I am getting Access Violation errors almost every day.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Please reply if you have. This is proving to be a tough nut to crack.

Thanks,
    saxon

Possible problem

I just realized that I had the native WIN XP PRO firewall turned on. Perhaps this causing problems (though I thought it was unable to block outbound transmissions). Anyway, I turned it off and installed ZoneAlarm instead, making sure to give ZoneAlarm server permission as well as internet access. I'll reply to this thread if that does the trick.

But that leaves the mystery of why I was only having problems during after hours (roughly from 6:00pm to 6:00am)? Is eSignal doing something during those hours that would cause this problem?

That documentation eSignal provides regarding "database purges" is not very comprehensive. I did try resetting "Scheduler" to a time when the markets are in recess, but that didn't help. And to boot, Data Manager seems to keep resetting the Scheduler time to the default anyway (02:00 for me).

And by the way (eSig reps) what does the Scheduler box label mean by saying "Database Purge (Midnight)? I don't get the relevance of the "(Midnight)" part. And are the times I might enter in that box suppose to be local to my time zone, of GMT (as in the list below), or what?

More detailed documentation on the Database purge thing would be a big help.

Thanks,
    saxon

Comment

The Database Purge field is used to control when the Data Manager will purge out all the symbols and start collecting only the symbols that eSignal is asking for. Users can set a different time for this to happen, but it really only helps if you're running more than your symbol limit and want to clear out the cache automatically. It's mostly a leftover from the broadcast days (Satellite, Cable, FM), but still works with the online versions. It would be like clicking the "Reset DBs" button at midnight (local time).
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Re: Wealth-Lab and eSignal RT data

Some additional info:

I often get these access violations a couple of minutes after midnight (central time), and a couple of minutes past 3:00am (CT).

Does anything happen to the eSignal data stream at those times that might be causing these AVs? System maintenance, perhaps?

Thanks,
        saxon

Originally posted by saxon987
        The people at Wealth-Lab are in the process of investigating this problem, but I post it here on the chance that someone else has experienced the same thing.

I am running WLD 3.0 with 2 scripts (on ES & NQ) with a RT data feed from eSignal, 1 min bars. During regular market hours, I have no problems at all. But during after hours trading, I am getting Access Violation errors almost every day.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Please reply if you have. This is proving to be a tough nut to crack.

Thanks,
        saxon

Comment

There are no key events at that time, that I'm aware of. The only time where a major event takes place as far as the servers are concerned is at midnight, Pacific Time. At that point all the servers save the data they've collected to their databases.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X