Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inet disconnection changes my Pivots

Hello all

I have a lot of lines like Pivots, High and Lows etc on my screen and everytime my Internet loses its connection, those Lines are on different places than before. On ES today ten minutes after the open i got a dissconnection of about 5 seconds and after that the middle Pivot and Previous Close both were two points higher than they were before. I went long because i didnt notice and got stopped out.

Is there a trick to overcome this problem as i cant trust my Esignal anymore?

thanks

Hi Zig,

Most likely, what you are seeing is covered in this FAQ. Your PC clock can typically drift anywhere from 3-7 seconds so when a refresh occurs and data is restored from our servers, data points can theoretically get moved to a subsequent bar. As the FAQ indicates, we will be adding a new time synchronization process into our server farms later next week and we do think that'll improve the consistency of results across all servers, although the issue of your PC clock drifting will still be a factor.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi

Yes the clock is a little problem. With Wealth Lab + Esignal i had this before but it wasnt a big isssue.

What really lets me scratching my head is the new Indikator positions because of the disconnection.

Yesterdays close(Tuesday) was 1053.25.
      Today i opened Esignal and yc was plotted as a green line at exactly 1053.25.
      Then i had the disconnection and the wrong trade. One hour later and i was asking myself what the green line and the middle Pivot are doing up here at 1054.50 as prev. close was still correct at 1053.25. I nearly made another wrong trade and only by luck i noticed the wrong lines.
      I had already one more loss this week because of this and i remember a couple of times last week where i had to reload Esignal because of this.
      I use the custom High,Low and Close Indicators from Esignal and one selfmade one, made out of another Indicator which plots realtime the Todays High and Low without the need to refresh it manually.
      If this big Indicator differences are an unknown issue by other users its maybe the wrong coding of me. I will exclude it and see what happens.
      The chart itself was absolutely right and OK.

thanks so far

Comment

Working...
      X