Attn: eSignal Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: eSignal Support

Is it possible to plot and display up and down volume for any stock in advanced charting?

If yes, then is the same possible for any time interval, starting from tick to say weekly?
    Sajal

Sajal,

In theory, this could be done with EFS (eSignal Formula Script). I don't believe scripts have been built to do this yet, so this falls in the category of a custom script request. My suggestion is to go through this post as it outlines the best ways to get custom scripts built.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the response. I am a lilttle bit amazed that such a basic and (I cannot even begin to emphasize how) extremely important indicator is not yet available as an efs file. It is so crucial that it should be available as an inbuilt function or expression (just like open, high, etc.).

I strongly recommend that you have this done ASAP thru your capable partners like tssupport, etc. And then make it available as an inbuilt field. Both on the volume (up/down) and the ticks (ie, up/down trades).

You will see that you would be able to attract lot more new customers when you have this available. Please bring this to Chuck's attention

I would be willing to help with the logic.

Thanks
      Sajal

Comment

sajaldeyin

How do you define up volume?

Is it a trade at a price higher than the last?

How do you count volume at the same price as the last?

Comment

I posted the efs for you in your post in the EFS Study board.

Fibbgann
          Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Thanks for the response. I am a lilttle bit amazed that such a basic and (I cannot even begin to emphasize how) extremely important indicator is not yet available as an efs file. It is so crucial that it should be available as an inbuilt function or expression (just like open, high, etc.).
            Are you honestly trying to claim that for a majority of traders, that OHLC info is of the same importance as up and down volume? I know far too many trader who don't care the least bit about ANY volume to think this is true.

I'm sure that there are some traders that feel it is important, but they will be in the extreme minority.

In any case, and EFS should be able to handle this easily.

G
            Garth

Comment

Hi dloomis,
              You asked:
              How do you define up volume?
              Is it a trade at a price higher than the last?
              Yes.
              How do you count volume at the same price as the last?
              Same as last.

Hi FibbGann,
              Thanks very much. I'll check it out and get back.

Hi Garth,
              Honestly(!)...wasn't claiming anything. Do not know far too many but do know a bunch on Wall St, that would not trade w/o u/d vol....but then again, unlike you, I am not as well connected. Sure EFS would easily handle, but not as easily, efficiently and fast as an inbuilt function...no?!! All said, good to hear from you after a long time!

Sorry for the late response guys...do not visit here as often. Take care.
              Sajal

Comment

Working...
              X