Decimal prices in futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimal prices in futures

I has been seeing this since last Tuesday or Wednesday and was wondering if I am the only one. This happened once before around the release of 7.4 too. I am running 7.4 and haven't upgraded to 7.5 due to MBtrading not updating their platform yet (due this week). I haven't made any changes to my system, I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Personally I kinda like them displayed this way.

Brian
    Attached Files

We've had a few reports of this into our technical support department last week. The common solution was to do the following.

1) Close eSignal and the Data Manager.
    2) Search for and rename all copies of specs.tab to specs.old
    3) Reopen eSignal (automatically will download a new copy of specs.tab)
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi

Is there a way to always have ES and NQ futures display with decimals?

JM

Comment

I agree. I would prefer to see the actual price shown with decimal point. ie 1066.75 rather than 106675

Stuart

Comment

This FAQ should explain why and where we currently stand on this. FYI, the red area was a recently added update.

-------------
          Why do many futures like ES and NQ have no decimal point?

We currently report prices on each future's contract as a whole number because the exchanges send it that way. Contracts trade in points and not dollars, so inserting a decimal point is not necessarily accurate in all instances. Traders often expect to see contracts like the E-minis in decimal because they trade more like equities, some other vendors display these contracts in decimals and it's easier to visualize them with the decimal in place.

Up to this point, we have elected to not transmit our futures prices in decimals because there are many 3rd party programs that use eSignal data and many of them have data databased on the user's PC. If we make a change to the way the data is sent, we will likely create significant databasing conflicts for those users storing data in the raw format. We have also surveyed customers on this topic and found that half of those surveyed, preferred that we keep the data as is.

Ideally, we are looking to implement a new feature in eSignal that will give the user an option on the desktop to set the display to add a decimal point or leave as is, yet leave the actual raw data in it's current form for the aforementioned reasons. That would hopefully give us the best of both worlds. No ETA on this new feature but it is on our development list.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X