a required resource was unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a required resource was unavailable

I overlayed $indu, $compq, $spx in my every advanced charts (total more than 50 chts) and i got the error message: a required resource was unabailable.

Does esignal have use numbers limit of the same symbol (for example, if using $indu for more than 50 times in charts then crash)?
    WSHHmm

Someone please help me, i got the disaster all night.

Please help!!
    WSHHmm

Comment

WS,

Are you using version 7.4 or 7.5?

Comment

More than likely you exceeded your symbol allowance.

Fibbgann
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

I used 7.5 and I just figured the problem out that it is because the symbols overlay.

If more than 30 symbol overlays in 12 advanced charts(each with 3 symbol overlay), esignal crash.

but i am not sure about that. if you got same problem, please share here.
          WSHHmm

Comment

yes, the problem was clear. after removing all overlays, it worked fine.

and customize keyboard for float windows doesn't work.
            WSHHmm

Comment

I tried to duplicate with this Page File, and it seemed to run fine. I was also able to use the Float/Dock Window Hotkey with success. (7.5 build 627).

Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

sorry, i didn't clear my statements.

My problems was after the hot key created, it didn't work to windows that had already been floated.

For example, I had a Hot Key Alt+N for a New Advance Chart. When I minimize the esignal main window, using the Hot Key on an active advance float window, the hot key doesn't work(can't get a new adv chart).

Does esignal have the symbol overlay problem?
                WSHHmm

Comment

You are correct. When eSignal is minimized the Hotkeys no longer function. I believe this is a known issue, but I'll make sure it gets on the list if it's not.

Regarding the overlay problem you originally reported, I'm unsure as I can't duplicate it here. Have you tried the page file I posted in my last post? Do you have the same problem with that?
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

I tried your page that is working. However that page have only 12 charts. if more than 50 or 60 charts with the overlay symbols, esignal crashes.
                    WSHHmm

Comment

Ok, thanks. Upon the request for the 60th chart request I get a similar error message with all kinds of video issues arising from that point on until I close some windows. I'm uncertain as to the cause at this point, but I will report it for investigation.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm getting frequent crashes with the error message "a required resource was unavailable". as already discussed in this thread, the eSignal graphics goes crazy (chart data being removed and displaying blank screens, menus disappearing etc).

Has eSignal got a solution for this yet? I see the last post by Jay was in 2003.

I have a lot of advanced charts open, but I should be able to have as many as i want open and not have any problems.

I know Windows can have the similar graphics issues when the "Desktop Heap Size" is not set at a high enough amount. However, I am only experiencing problems with eSignal.

Thanks,
                        Paul

Comment

This sounds like an error in which you do not have enough resources to carry the load of what you're trying to do with the eSignal.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

How many charts are you running?
                          Are you using indicators, (Custom or standard)?
                          Along with the Charts what other type of windows are you running and how many?
                          Can you give me the specs on your machine?

I'll let you know this, I'm running 3 monitors on two video cards one of which has an extra 256 mg of onboard RAM.
                          Dell Demension 2.6 GHz, with 1gig of RAM, I can successfully run 53 chart with 3 custom studies that pull from other studies along with 4 standard studies such as MACD, (4) Move Averages, Pivot Points. Two time and Sales windows, twp quote boards and 5 different quote windows.. This is just to give you an Idea of what my system can run. While running this layout during the trading day my processor is running most of the between 30 and 51 percent on eSignal along.
                          During the day it does cause Internet explore to run slower and Outlook take more time too but I can get all of them to run without any error message.

If you could send this information it would help with trying to better figure out what is happening.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                          X