Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in Saving Pages Still Not Fixed in v7.5

The following bug I wrote about in v7.4 is still not fixed in v7.5:
    ..."When Pages are saved in esignal 7.4, the screen window sequence (window layout) is not saved...i.e. I use overlapping chart windows to save space. These windows should be saved in the overlapping sequence I specify; but are not. I didn't have this problem with Layouts."

Also, a new problem in v7.5 is that the location of floating toolbars are not saved correctly in pages. I use a 2-monitor setup (Win XP Pro, with the esignal window taking up entire screen area of both monitors) and position the toolbars at the bottom of the esignal window of the secondary monitor. When I save and then reopen the page, the toolbars are shifted up about 1/2 inch from that location.

--Matt

Thats weird! I don't have that problem and I have used both versions. Try this, click on all your windows (charts, quote, etc) one at a time. Make sure they are selected! then go to the main window of esignal and click on the SAVE button under FILE MENU.
    Then save layout, and close, then reopen.

Fibbgann
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

I don't see either of these issues on 7.5 build 627. I created this page as a test and it seems to be saving the charts in the correct order. I created this page by opening 8 charts, and adding 8 single letter stocks in alphabetical order. They seem to stay in the same order each time I reload the page. I also have moved some of the tool bars around the edges of my screen, and after an Exit All & Save, upon reload their positions seemed to be saved correctly.

Matt, would you say that this page is a fair test for what you are seeing? Also, are you upgraded to build 627?
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

I'm using the same build as you JayF. I tried your window setup and it still doesn't save correctly. Maybe, it's because I'm using a two monitor setup? I tried restricting the esignal window to my primary monitor only, but that doesn't work either.

FibbGann, the post is referering to Pages; my Layouts save correctly.

--Matt

Comment

Matt,

It sounds like there's something sticking around from an earlier version. Before suggesting a complete uninstall/reinstall, please try the following:

1) Close eSignal
          2) Search for and delete Winsig.ini
          3) Reinstall 7.5 and restart eSignal

If the problem continues beyond that, I would suggest a complete uninstall/reinstall as per these instructions.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

JayF,
            I've done a complete reinstall (as specified in your link), but that hasn't changed anything...this is not the first time.
            Besides the Page saving issues, I also have charts that will load historical data when first loaded (in pre-market), but require a refresh for them to load real-time data during regular market hours. I've tried every possible fix for these charts, but nothing works. I have to go through a "ritual" every morning when I open my primary workspace (Page) to get everything to work correctly.
            I come to Esignal from Qcharts. And even with these minor problems, Esignal is still far superior to Qcharts. But, it would be nice, just once, to have a charting program which actually works!

--Matt

Comment

Upon further testing, I was able to duplicate the Saving problem. Please let me know if this is that same thing you were seeing. I used the same page I posted earlier, brought the chart for Inco to the front, clicked on Save Page, moved to another Page and then back again, and Vivendi was the front chart... not Inco.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

JayF,
                Yes, that's the Page saving bug.

--Matt

Comment

Floating windows (Adv Charts ) do not open up

I seem to have similar problem as mentioned before.

Adv Charts which I saved as floating windows open up in what seems to be ad random. They can also not be opened by using the menu eg "file" "open" etc.

Do otheres have similar experiences? How can I resolve this problem.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X