Line Tick chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Tick chart

I run 3 advanced minute charts and a market depth window all linked to a quote window and rediscovered the benefits of watching an advanced ( 1 ) Tick chart. However each time I switch symbols (often) there is a noticeable slowdown as the tick data loads for the new symbol. Is there a way to limit the amount of data pulled in for only this type of chart ? Since it changes on each bid/ask/trade and displays only the most recient realtime data the elimination of anything older than a few minutes probably wouldn't be missed and would surely make symbol switching nearly instantaneous. I think the least amount of tick data requested is 1 day but would like a confirm on that. Drawing only a few minutes of ticks would also lighten the load on the servers . Also I occasionally watch 600t charts so using time templates to restrict the data to 1 day really wouldn't work very well for me.

Brian

Re: Reply to post 'Line Tick chart'

Just a suggestion, but why don't you keep the various charts you are
    interested in open all day and minimize them when you rant looking at them,
    then maximize when you want to see them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

Comment

Thanks but I do keep all my charts open all day. This particular group is linked and is my focus group which I use when entering/exiting and evaluating candidates for quick scalping.
      Popular highly liquid stocks naturally produce the longest slow downs. The delay is of coarse worst during the times I am switching symbols the most, the first hour. After hours produces little delay at all even in MSFT or CSCO.
      In the first hour I may examine 30 stocks with this group so the delay caused by the initial downloading of each symbols' 1 whole day of raw tick data just to be able to display the last few seconds on the individual Line/Tick chart seems to me to be a real waste (I'm assuming no other long term tick chart also needs the raw data) and loads down the whole system; cpu,internet, eSignal servers,etc.
      I'd like to suggest that this type of chart be recognized or programmed by eSignal to only download the minimum amount of data for it to be useful.

For those who missed the excellent chat session with Ken Calhoun a few weeks ago a brief demo of how useful this type of chart can be can be seen here http://www.daytradinguniversity.com/rmbsshort.htm
      Coincidentally it uses the same stock I relied on this type of chart for today

Brian

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Line Tick chart'

Did you try setting the time template to one day?

Comment

No I haven't I just let it do it's auto switch thing that it does whenever a tick/seconds chart is called for. I'll try a special template for that chart of 1 day since a limited by bar # won't take in templates for any non minute chart in current versions of the program. One day is the minimum selectable amount and still way overkill for this type of chart though.

Comment

Working...
          X