Time Template, Dynamic, Auto for CBOT YM futures contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Template, Dynamic, Auto for CBOT YM futures contract

Time Template, Dynamic, Auto for CBOT YM future contract (minisized DOW), indicates start from 21:15 (my time, which is NYC).
    They actually have the following hours:
    Electronic Trading: 7:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Chicago time, Sunday - Friday.
    So that is a start of 20:15, NYC time.
    I belive they made a change recently, and that EeSignal must be updated to rflect the new trading hours.
    Can this be done, please?
    G Peters

Hi G Peters,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our QA group is making the change today in the Specs.tab file and that will be broadcast out tonight, you should see the change tomorrow.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Andy - great: I understand that this is also true - at least - for YG and YI - misSize Gold and Silver futures, respectively, also at CBOT. As you know these are all part of the eMini package offered by eSignal. (CME and CBOT minis). The exact words are: Effective Jan 1 2004, Trading Hrs will expand to 7:15pm to 4pm, Chicago Gime, repeat Chicago time.
      Thanks
      George Peters
      P.S will the user (us) have to make any changes to implement this change?

Comment

Hi George,

I'll forward these others on to QA to make sure they get them all. The only thing you have to do is restart eSignal if you leave it running. Sometimes it takes restarting 2 - 3 times before it picks up the new file, but usually on the first try.

Regards,
        Andy

Comment

So Andy, it is not necessary to download anything? How do they "broadcast" a new file? Is it automatically searched for, each time the DtaManager is started, or something like that?
          Thanks
          George
          P.S Is the format documented anywhere? I made the changes myself, but there appear to be two (2) "end-times"...
          Thks again

Comment

George,

It's the DM that grabs the files, and it's eSignal that reads them. eSignal often opens before the DM has connected, so it reads what's already saved in \SigText. Once the DM connects, then it will download any changes made to the .tab files as needed (background procedure that requires very little bandwidth.) In order to receive the changes, eSignal needs to be restarted again.

There isn't any documentation available for the format of the specs.tab file as it was not designed to be edited by an end-user.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay - so does that mean and changes a user might make will be over-written by an subsequent version that DM might download at a later date/time.?
              George

Comment

Working...
              X