• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal- Fair value & Value area

I know fair value and value area are two different trading
    arsenal, but i don't know about them much, here is my
    questions:

-How to find what's fair value for the day?

-How to find out about todays level for buy and sell program?

-Which symoble to look for at esignal to find out when
    S&P futures are trading at "primimum or discount" to fair value?
    I heard Realtick software has this feature that will calculate for you when to go long and short with green and red up/down ticks?

I would like to be able doing all these at esignal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Which Efs script can plot for you the are the UVA, LVA, POC
    for volume plotted on prices veritcaly?

Is there any article on ESignal that we can learn about VA?
    Thanks

Nana Trader,

There is an extensive formula which you can use to calculate fair value. However, I usually just go to THIS link, as they have already calculated it for the S&P. They have some other info as well.

As for levels for buy/sell programs...that's a little more difficult. Program Trading may or may not occur at certain levels, or at certain times of day...there are numerous variables that firms and funds may use to arb the market. The level of $PREM (the eSignal symbol for S&P Futures premium/discount to Cash market) isn't the only indicator that buy/sell programs may kick in.

I'm not familiar with the RealTick indicator that you mentioned...maybe someone else on this bulletin Board can answer/assist with that.

I'd be interested in knowing what is meant by UVA, LVA (which I assume stand for Upper and Lower Value Areas) and POC (don't know what that means). Do you have any other info on those? If so, you could ask for assistance in coding it under EFS Studies >> New Studies Suggestions. Or, maybe someone already has it.
    Michael

Comment

Regarding Value Area, this is a feature of the Market Profile Chart. There are a few Market Profile videos at eSignal University that may be able to help you. FYI, you can turn on the VAH and VAL (Value Area High and Low) by right-clicking the Market Profile Chart, and selecting Cursor.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X