7.2 beta with multiple monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.2 beta with multiple monitors?

I am using build 516 at the moment, on a machine with a Matrox dual-monitor card. I have two monitors running successfully, but can't figure out how to move one of the charts in my eSignal layout to the second monitor. Figured it would be just a matter of dragging, but the chart moves off the main monitor without ever showing up on the second screen. Is there a way to do this successfully? Thanks.

Owen

I've got dual monitors, but on two video cards. I'm able to drag Esignal windows around fine, like other windows. Have you checked that Windows has the orientation of the screens correct? Sometimes after disabling 1 display or the other, mine end up with the left one on the right and right on left. When that happens dragging something off to one side makes it disappear, and dragging it to the other side makes it show up on the wrong side of the other monitor.

Comment

Thanks, Jeff, but I think that much is okay. I can move the whole program from one screen to the other, so long as it is not maximized. (For some reason, that seems to block moving things.) However, I don't know how to move the individual charts from one screen to the other.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, it makes some sense that one can't move the chart outside the boundaries of the program. Wonder whether it's possible to drag the corners so that the program spreads across both screens? I'll go try it.

Owen

Comment

All you have to do is grab the corners of your quote window, chart or whatever and spread it to fit. The key is not to be maximized. I run esignal on three screens and just spread it around to fit.

Comment

Grabbing the edges did it. My charts are now approximately working. It will take a minimum of fiddling to get the exactly as I'd like, but this is usable in the meantime.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X