Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem logging-on from alternate location

Thank you eSignal,

For making me drive back to work in the snow and have to log out of my computer in order to use eSignal at home.

Thank you,

-CB

It's true that you can not use eSignal from two locations at the same time. However, the system has been designed to let the most recent log-on take precedence, for the precise type of scenario you describe.

If you were getting the error msg at home about another log-on being active, you should have been able to simply exit and restart again to get that terminal going again. I do this almost everyday as I forget to log-off eSignal at work as I leave and I need to log-on before the open from home.

When you have a more convenient time to test this mechanism, please do so again and if it's not working as I describe, please let us know.

Just in case other users experience the same momentary problem using eSignal in another location, we'll draw-up an FAQ on this subject.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, ordinarily I am able to do that, too. But with the recent betas (I am using beta 6) that feature has apparently been disabled. I did the ctrl-e thing maybe a dozen times from home. The Data Manager was always red.

-CB

Comment

Perhaps you can choose your subjects a little bit more subtle.

Rules set by eSignal are quite clear. It's a pitty that your usual solution didn't work, but there's no need to get offensive like this.

At the same time, eSignal, why does the Turbofeed datamanager stay on when you exit the program? I would appreciate it if there would be an option to set this in the preferences: 'Close Turbofeed Datamanager on close program', or something like that.

Regards,

Edo.

Comment

Edo
          I think the DM stays on because there may be other programs using it.
          If you click on Exit All and Save rather than Exit it will close also the
          DM.
          Alex
          Last edited by ACM; 01-20-2003, 11:01 AM.

Comment

No need to take offense. The history behind this is that I had e-mailed tech support several times concerning this. They had no idea what to do about it. I only came upon the ctrl-e shortcut by chance, which would have helped in exiting out on a daily basis. Previous to now, I had been merely restarting eSignal once or twice to get it reconnected from another terminal. When that did not work this last weekend on the new beta, I wasn't sure if some new draconian measure had been slipped in.

-CB

Comment

I do not work for eSignal, so I didn't take it offensive personally. Even though I understand that you were probably not in a good mood after this happened, I think that using this kind of subjects is not 'netiquettable'.

Hence my reaction.

Regards,

Edo.

P.S. Alex, no other program is using the DM when this happens, which is 100% of the time. In my case, DM always stays on.
              Last edited by EdKoF; 01-20-2003, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Edo
                Sorry, I did not explain myself properly.
                What I meant to say is that DM may be purposely left open in case other programs that may be using it are running.
                Alex

Comment

To add to Alex's comments, we have two "exit" choices under the File menu in eSignal. The first "exit" is equal to closing the program with the X in the upper right of the main window and closes just the eSignal desktop app.

If you choose "Exit all and Save" ( shortcut is ctrl-e ) that closes eSignal and the Turbofeed DataManager.

Just as Alex indicated, we did this in case users were also running a 3p app or using DDE links to Excel. There are times the user wants eSignal to exit but keep the DM running.

Hope that helps.

Comment

It most certainly does!

Thx,

Edo.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X