X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market depth style bug

Hi,

Here is a bug related to the market depth screen:

Try bringing up the market maker properties window and changing the colour of a MMID. The MMID now gets set in the market depth screen.

Now try saving the style or setting the style as the default. When you open a new market depth window, restart esignal or even manually load the style the colours always default back to black and the colour settings are lost. It happens with pages and layouts and all combinations of saving the market depth window/layouts/pages.

I spoke to someone in LiveRep and they logged it as a bug. It seems amazing that something as basic as this would have got through QA unoticed.

Is there any kind of workaround? Maybe there is a tweak to the emd file?

Mark
    Last edited by mc_sunw; 01-13-2004, 09:32 AM.

Hi Mark,

I'm not able to duplicate this though I did experience a problem. I went into the Market Maker Preferences and changed the color on MMID cinn. I then saved it as a style template. With the window on the color took effect. I then closed the window and opened a new one, applied the style template and the color scheme took effect. However, the problem I noted is that when in that window I clicked on style template-->Load default and it would not go back to the default settings. I never saved the style template I created as default.

I'm not using pages, but layout, I see you've confirmed that this is happening in both settings for you. I'm on 7.5, build 627. What version are you on?

I'll pass this on to QA to see if we have received other complaints on this.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using 7.5, build 627.

I tried it again, following what you did (saving a style template and opening a new window) but it still doesn't work.

Can you go through the exact steps you did, starting from creating a fresh new layout and style template.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Sure.

I opened new Market Depth window which defaulted to symbol, SUNW. Right clicked to bring up dialog box, clicked on Market Makers..., under "Follow Market Makers" column, I clicked on "cinn", then clicked on both the Text drop down menu & the "BG" drop down menu and selected different colors. I then clicked on "OK" to close the dialog box. The changes did take effect. I then right clicked to bring up the dialog box again, scrolled onto "Style Template", and clicked on save. Gave it a name and clicked O.K.

I then closed the Market Depth window. Opened new Market Depth window. It had the same default settings as prior to this whole exercise, then right clicked on Depth window, scrolled to Style Template, and clicked on C:\Program Files\eSignal\{name of style template} to bring up the saved style template. The changes I saved came up as expected.

The problem I encountered is after applying the saved style template, I went back in to apply the default style template and it did not change back. However, when I close the window and bring up a new one, the original default settings were in place.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

After a bit more testing here is the problem:

Try going through the same exercise but only change the foreground colour. Or, change the foreground & background colours and then set the background colour back to auto and you will see the bug.

For some reason you have to change both the foreground and background colours or it won't work.

All I want is to change the foreground (i.e. text colour) of some of the MMIDs and have the default 'auto' background. This doesn't seem possible with this bug.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

O.K., that I was able to duplicate. When I changed only the Text color, saved it, closed the window, reopen new one, and applied the style template, it did NOT take effect.

I will report this to QA. Don't know of any work around at this point.

Thank you for reporting this here. We'll see about getting this corrected in next release.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X