Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing display of studies

Hello,

I have a few different studies in each Advanced Chart window. For most of these studies, I don't care to see the graphics (i.e., line or histogram or whatever). All I need to see is the value in the cursor window. Up until now, I've always stacked the studies, keeping volume on top. This suited my purposes well, as I had only two things on the chart: price and volume. At the same time, though, I could see the current value for the other studies in the cursor window.

Now I would like to see the graphics of two studies at the same time (volume plus one other indicator). But if I click "Tile Studies", I get pictures of all of them. I can squish the ones I don't want until they're very small, but it still takes up valuable real estate on my screen.

Is there any way to simultaneously see only 2 studies graphically and keep values for the other studies in the cursor window without seeing the graphics for them? I've considered the possibility of putting volume in the same "pane" as the price and then stacking the other studies. This wouldn't be ideal but it would be an improvement. I haven't figured out how to do this either though.

Thanks for any help!

Jason

Jason
    If you are using version 7.5 you can use overlays (see image below of Volume and Stochastic overlayed)

First start off with all your studies Tiled. Then drag the study you want to overlay onto the other window while keeping the <Shift> key pressed. Release the mouse button when the target window is framed in grey.
    Then you can Stack the studies.
    This should give you the look you want
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have one more question and then I'll leave you alone for a while

Is there any way to tile the two studies in 2 different "panes" while still keeping the values of the other studies (ADX in your example) in the cursor window? This would be the ideal solution for my situation, but I'm willing to work with them in the same pane if that's the only way to do it. I may just put the volume in the same pane as price so that they don't overlap each other as much as the 2 indicators would.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

Jason
        It is not possible at this time to have multiple stacks or a combination of tiled/stacked windows.
        However it is possible to have tiled windows each one with multiple overlays.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X