Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Progress on getting "Float" in Esignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Progress on getting "Float" in Esignal?

Knowing how many shares of a stock are in the public's hands is critical to trading.

Esignal doesn't carry "Float", only "Shares Outstanding".

Look at they stock APPX.

Esignal only shows 76.4 mil shares oustanding.

But, there's actually only a 21.2 mil float.

I've been asking for the Float for quite a while.

Is there ANY progress on including it as a field to add to the top of the market depth screen?

Is it on the active TO DO list?

Is there a target date for its inclusion?

Should I just give up asking?

Thanks

n23mc,

This is one of those fundamental data fields that we'd like to add to the quote and detail window. We've been trying to slowly increase the amount of this kind of data, but I'm not sure when the float will become available in those windows. It is available, though, through Market Guide. To access this, right-click on the symbol on a Quote Window, highlight Research, and select Market Guide for this field.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Going thru the research menu to Market Guide, then waiting for the page to load & scrolling down the screen to find the FLOAT information works, but it also causes trading opportunities to be missed as that procedure is being done. Seeing it right on the market depth screen, turns missed opportunities into profitable opportunities.

Could you talk to the developers about this *1* field, explaining why it is so critical, and see if they can give you a time estimate on it?

Thanks

Comment

Float

Float is very important. Float turnover gives a trader an idea as to about where the current shareholders are. In the money or out of the money, this gives you clue as to which way the price will go. Float should a a field in the Quote Window where one can monitor it along with volume and average volume.

Comment

Jay,

Could you look at my last message in this thread?

Thanks

Comment

I did see it, and have been working to get an answer. Here's where we stand on this issue currently.

- We've had minimal requests to add the Float as it's already available through a right-click, so it hasn't really be considered in the past.
            - There are some network changes that would need to be done to incorporate the new data. In addition, the software would need to be changed.
            - We would need to renegotiate a different contract with our fundamental data provider in order to provide this.

Because of the above, it's not likely that we will see the float data in a Quote Window or other imbedded areas of eSignal any time in the near term. This has been added to our list to consider for a future release, but again, nothing planned for the near term.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

I would greatly prefer to see float instead of the shares outstanding. As pointed out below many times the amount of shares available for trading is much less than the number we see in the outstanding column. I too do the same searching outside of eSignal. Guess we will have to waitfor it a bit longer. Count this as a request for float.
              Last edited by brianb; 01-23-2004, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I to would love to see the float as an option over outstanding shares.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                X