eSignal and Nasdaq do not agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal and Nasdaq do not agree?

hi, today nasdaq.com and briefing.com both report that the nasdaq composite closed today at 1364.25.

However, my eSignal $COMPQ in a summary table and my daily $COMPQ chart both indicate the close as 1376.19.

Can anyone help me understand this? Thanks any help.
    Here is the chart-
    Attached Files

Re: Reply to post 'eSignal and Nasdaq do not agree?'

$compq shows 1364.25 on eSignal here

----- Original Message -----
    To: <[email protected]>
    Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 9:33 PM
    Subject: Reply to post 'eSignal and Nasdaq do not agree?'

> Hello dloomis,
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

Comment

thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I had reset my advanced chart several times and restarted my eSignal but no difference. Now, without any resets, I am getting the following chart (whose final candle is also incorrect, though the indicated closing is ok) dont ask me why...must have been some data corruption somewhere...(the summary window is now correct, however):
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maoki; 01-21-2003, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I spoke too soon...it went back to the way it was, as earlier described, and then it mutated to present yet another chart version, showing an upper shadow (wick) on the final candle (see chart). I now have three different charts of the same close.

I have shut down and restarted eSignal, including shutting down the datamanager, reset the chart, and even did the tracert and ping (I get 100ms pings with my 764 / 764 SDSL).

Perhaps related: my 3 minute chart indicates that 36 minutes of $compq data are missing from this morning, from 0600 - 0706...my guess is that everyone is missing these data bars from this morning...or else it is simply an isolated corruption problem local to my net and likely the culprit behind this chart charade.
        Attached Files

Comment

maoki
          I crosschecked Nasdaq's values against eSignal and and they match as you can see in the attached image, so the last chart you posted (compq3.png) had the correct plot.
          Alex
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ACM; 01-21-2003, 09:09 PM.

Comment

thanks for confirm. If you have the time I would be interested to know if you received $compq data intraday today (tues 1-21-03) from the open. Im missing 0600 - 0706, likely a problem on my end.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'eSignal and Nasdaq do not agree?'

maoki
              No, first bar on $COMPQ 1 min chart is at 10:06 EST.
              Alex

Comment

Same (my tz is PST, I should have mentioned). Ok thats good to know. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X