Scanner Improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner Improvements?

I realize you are working hard on the main esignal program and it has shown..tremendous improvements.

I am interested in a scanner, but one that can be used with the technical indicators (EFS) I have in my folders.

I see that Tradestation's Radar Screen does exactly what I want from a scanner.

Does eSignal have any plans to improve their scanners so they will utilize the EFS studies?

Thanks,

Bob
    RTS Trading

We do have plans to improve the scanners, but they wouldn't be able to interact with something like EFS. Since the scans are run at our end, there has to be a finite list of criteria for them to run on to be an effective tool. To come up with a scanner at the desktop level would be difficult because it would have to be limited to the users symbol limit vs. scanning the whole exchange and if an EFS was involved, would require pulling in the chart data for all the symbols being scanned. We'll put this on the list, but we don't see this coming any time soon.

As a quick FYI, the reason TradeStation's scanners work the way they do is because the user has the database on their local computer.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay for the update. It looks like this is one of those "back-burner" projects for when more important items cool down. That's fine, just wanted to know what the plans are for the scanners.

Tradestations Radar Screen in their 7.2 version is not like that in the old TS 2000i version. There is no data storage required on the hard drive by the end user in order to conduct analysis.
      TS7 use dataondemand, but temp stores data for each symbol required to make analysis using canned as well as custom indictors. The user simply requests the data and it is shown in tabular format that can be opened into a chart if need be.

Very interesting and one that eSignal should look at.

For more info:

Bob
      RTS Trading

Comment

Working...
      X