Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with setting sounds in alerts

Hello,

I set a wave file to be played from the alerts dialog box. I click on the play button to be sure its the sound I want.

When the alert is actually triggered, the selected sound doesn't go off. It's the default sound, I believe it's called chime or cord.

Please help.

Hi,

I hadn't tried changing the default sound before but my system is doing just as you describe as well (running the current 7.5 version ). Seems like a bug to me. I'll do some more tweaking to see if there's another setting or a simple fix, otherwise I'll forward the issue to Product Marketing to address in an upcoming release.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

Just found something. Try right-clicking on the symbol in question and choose set alert. Try changing the sound in this dialogue box. That worked for me yet the main sound setting stays as default. Could be some programming logic by design I'm not aware of. We'll poke around a bit more....

Thanks.

Comment

OK, there is a bit of a bug here but there's an easy work-around. That main Select Sound button should set the default for new alerts you create. You can then set different alert sounds for specific symbols though and somewhere in the initial setting of that default sound, there's something wrong. Once you set the sound for any individual symbol, it appears to save as the default for others you then set-up subsequently so the problem is no longer apparent.

The logic will need to be looked at so I'll forward this thread to Product Development for review.

If I've successfully confused the situation further or your system is still not working correctly, please let me know and I'll try to explain/clarify further

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott,

If I understand you correctly, there is nothing I can do about it at the moment, but that you'll look into it.

If that's the case, plese advise if/when you find something.

If that's not the case, please describe again. Is it possible you're saying that if I cancel all the existing alerts, and then change the default sound, then I can at least have all the alerts on the new sound (ie. not the esign default)?

Comment

While there is a bug when first trying to set-up a new default sound, it's easily corrected by changing the sound on an individual symbol first. That setting then becomes the new default and problem is solved.

Just right-click on a symbol and choose Set Alert. Change the sound on that screen and you should be OK.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Thought this info might help. What you suggested in your last post does not work without deleted all existing alerts first. Hope this helps with troubleshooting.

Thanks,
              Bob

Comment

Thanks. I'll pass that info along. It'll hopefully be fixed in 7.6. The Product Manager was surprised that no one had previously reported this bug, since it is fairly easy to re-produce.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X