Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real commodity analysis

I would like to suggest to eSignal the following:

Instead of an endless list of esoteric gizmo analysis (Donchian channels etc. who needs this?) under "Basic Studies" in advanced charts, there are some very basic studies missing. It would be great to generate right there at a mouseclick:
    - spreads (i.e. WTI vs. Brent, Nasdaq vs. S&P ratioed as I like)
    - historic volatility (optional "zero-trend")
    - relative performance (i.e. IBM vs. Dow outperformance)

Or maybe I just didn't find them?

What do other traders think about it?

twedler
    As far as spreads (or ratios) go you already have the option of making them available with one click.

1. Right click on the dropdown symbol list and select "Edit Symbol List..."
    2. Once the Symbol list appears click the "Add..." button which will open a window where you type in the spread or ratio in the following format (for example we want the spread of mini Nasdaq vs mini S&P futures)

NQ H3 -ES H3

(you must have a space before the operator)

3. Press Enter and that spread is saved to the symbol list.
    4. Now click Save button to save the symbol list.

If your chart's Link is active you can plot that spread any time you want by just clicking on it in the dropdown symbol list.

Note: You can apply any weighting you wish to the spreads or ratios. I have no idea what WTI is (can't find the symbol) but for sake of example assume your spread is for 5 WTI over 2 Brent then you would type.

5WTI -2FB H3-IP

You can also use decimals in the spreads (or ratios). Here is the same as above but the second leg is half the value of Brent

5WTI -0.5FB H3-IP

Hope this helps
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 01-23-2003, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alexis, really appreciate your prompt help!

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X