Embedding a browser window in the layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding a browser window in the layout

Is it possible to embed a browser window within an esignal layout? For example, I have a 3-monitor layout and would like to insert a browser window into it, and have, say briefing.com displayed.

I don't see anything on the File New menu to support this. I know when we go liverep there's an embedded window used so I know it's theoretically possible, but how can we save it to the layout so it opens each time?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

BTW the new release candidate is working very well.

Great job, gentlemen!

Hello TechAnalysis,

I believe you can do this. Go to the "Customer Support" menu and click on "Product Training" which opens a browser window. You can then change the address to your on-line broker.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi TechAnalysis,

While you can save an embedded browser within your layout, it will default to eSignal Central each time you enter the layout. You can browse all your favorites within the embedded browser, it just not able to save that location upon exiting the program.

I've spoken to Todd about this & he's gonna huddle with Matt to see if this can be enhanced on a later build.

Regards,
      Andy S.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Yes I see that. It does work; it saves the browser's position/size just, as you say not the last website visited.

I've attached one of my monitors' screenshot as an idea as to what I'm doing.

I see it saves the file as "browser.br" in the folder where all the other files are saved, so this is a good work-around.

An idea for a future release would be a fully customizable web browser window, for those of us with several monitors who have extra screen space within the layout.

Thanks, Andy.
        Attached Files

Comment

embedded browser

Stupid question here. How do you insert the browser into the window?

Comment

What I did was on the Customer Support menu click on System status. This opens a browser window, pointed at esignalcentral's website. Now take this browser window, size it and place it anywhere you want within your layout. Enter websites into the address bar as you normally would.

Click on Save Layout and it is saved with the layout. Note that the website defaults back to esignalcentral.com when you open the layout but the window size remains the same.

Also note that you can't remove the title bar from this window like you can with charts, etc, so I ran it up to the top of the layout to hide the title bar as much as possible.

Comment

You can also simply click the 'Central' button which should be on the top of your screen somewhere. This will open the same browser window as TechAnalysis mentions.

Edo.

Comment

Working...
              X