Market Profile chart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Profile chart question

When I drag on the horizontal axis to create multiple day profiles I get inconsistant results. No matter how careful I am, the chart reverts to individual day profiles in the middle of my attempts.

For instance, I might desire a 5 day profile, and dragging day 4 into the profile, the chart just jumps back to single days.

This has more or less existed since the feature was introduced. Any suggestions?

Hi Coolmoss,

I'll forward this on to verify the problem and if it's a known problem, I'll make sure it's on the bug list. We do have an upcoming release, perhaps the fix will make it into there.

Thanks for bring this to our attention.

Regards,

Comment

RE: Reply to post 'Market Profile chart question'

Thanks Andy

-----Original Message-----
      Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 6:35 PM
      To: [email protected]
      Subject: Reply to post 'Market Profile chart question'

Hello coolmoss,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Coolmoss,

After kicking this around with some others here, I got a better understanding of what's going on. The problem happens because the continued movement of days into a single day slides more data into the chart. At some point, the chart needs to grab more data and ends up refreshing as it grabs more data. A refresh places all the days back to their original position. To solve the problem, the user can create a 10 day time template (or less days if he wants). When he wants to see that many days together, he can apply the template to the Profile. This will always bring all the necessary data into the Profile at once and dragging days together will never cause a refresh.

Below I've attached two images, one is a 10 day profile of Corn with all the days in a single distribution. The second is the Time Template Editor with the way you want to set up a 10 day filter for ticks. Since the Market Profile uses tick data, there needs to be a user defined addition specifically for ticks.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Comment

Andy,

Just tried it and it seems to work fine

Comment

Working...
          X