Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point & figure

Hi
    The last ESig version made some great improvements to P&F charts. I am still having a few problems though, mostly due to the menu that controls set up of the PF.

I get 100 CPU usage (lock up) for 15 minutes to do a long term PF chart and have to abort the whole program. Lets say I have a 1 min candle EUR A0-FX chart and I try to convert it to a P&F by > right click > chart type > PF. It now starts to generate what is going to lock it up instead of IMHO going to a set up menu like Edit studies, BEFORE starting the chart generation. Thats the GUI design fault.

If I start on a 30 min chart its OK ish, but short term ones hang. I want short term ones because the x or O in the current column does not print until the end of the time period. I think it should print wherever the price is now, real time, regardless the time period of the chart. P&F is NOT a time dependant price format, its a reversal size chart period. Ok you might want to limit it to 30 mins closes but then we need 20 second charts that dont hang too. I am using Win 2000 pro with 1 Gb memory on a 1.3 MH laptop and a Hi end 3D graphics card with ADSL feed.

Thanks

Gary
    Buy the dips sell the rallies

I use several P&F charts and my PC is similar in power to yours. I used to have lots of problems with the charts taking for ever to load. Now I am able to run a chart at 1T.

First of all, clear all lines off of the chart. These can really slow down any chart.

The trick is to match the interval with the box size. The smaller the interval, the smaller the box size. The bigger the interval the bigger the box size.

For example, I am running YM #F at 1T using a box size of 2 and a reversal of 3. Also running same symbol in a separate chart at 1 minute using a box size of 8 and a reversal of 3. Both load fast and stay updated. You will have to experiment to find out what combination works best for your symbols.

Hope this helps solve your problem.

Comment

Working...
    X