X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched to Esignal from TS7

Just my personal opinion...

but

Tradestation blows Esignal away as far as charting. Everything else, I give the nod to esignal.

My problem is I like to have a bunch of charts/workspaces open at the same time. It is very easy to set up multiple workspaces with TS7 and just scroll thru them as necessary. Any items that are changed on each workspace are maintained until which time you declide to close the workspace and erase or save it.

With esignal, you can only have pages not workspace tabs. These pages are not listed on the bottom as tabs like tradestation but are unknown until you scroll thru the pages to find out which one happens to be next. There is equally some delay in scrolling thru pages, rather than tabing workspaces like TS7. Also each time you wish to draw/annotate a chart on the page then switch pages you have to decide to save it at that point..... (that sucks!!)

Esignal does not have a Market ticker on the toolbar like TS7.

This "fake" workspace page tabs on the top of each chart isn't fooling anyone because if I want to tab to another chart of another stock with different indicators, I would have to apply the different studies and delete the ones already there. If I wanted to just go immediately back to the same stock previously with the same indicators I just had, I would have to again delete and switch the indicators..... (is this a joke?)

Why can't the indicators be "overlayed"? If you can program to tab indicators on a chart, why not program workspaces (pages) to be tabbed?

Man, TS7 is going to cost $100 more a month than e-sinal set up the way I have it right now...... and unless all my above points are incorrect, it sure seems well worth it.

Please correct me where I am wrong or mislead.

Thank you.

I use the folder/tab option on top of each chart to program what stock-interval I want to switch to, but takes forever to load, especially if I have indicators on the bottom of the chart.

With TS, I never had a problem with slow loading unless you wanted a tick chart. Yes, with the workspaces it does respond faster, but to bring up a chart was 100x faster than Esignal, at least this is my experience.

My problem I that I need to have 20 charts open at the same time and flip threw them with ease and without having to wait for them to load, or be prompted to "Save" each chart when I want to move to the next one. ---- How do I do this in Esignal??

Thanks,

Comment

EQTTRDR,

Regarding the use of multiple charts, my suggestion is to create a Layout with multiple charts all in the same location on your screen. Then setup a hotkey for the "Windows..." command using the Tools --> Customize Keyboard window as seen below.

Then to switch charts, use the the Hotkey you just assigned, and then double-click on the chart you wish to look at. You can also Save, Minimize, and Close charts from that same window.

The "fake" workspace tabs you mention is the favorites Toolbar. It is a way to customize a chart to create "links" or buttons to favorite symbols, intervals or a combination thereof. It's really not intended for the use you mentioned.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Re: Switched to Esignal from TS7

Originally posted by EQTTRDR
        Esignal does not have a Market ticker on the toolbar like TS7.
        Have you tried the Ticker Window? It's actually very powerful and can even, be "popped-out" and "pinned" so that it's anywhere you need it and always on top of any other windows. Below is a screenshot showing this. To create this effect, open a new Ticker Window, customize it as needed, then click on Ticker Options --> Float/Dock Window, and then click on the Push Pin icon on the Title Bar of the Ticker Window. If you can't see the Title Bar of the Ticker Window, click on Ticker Options --> Title Bar.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the great info...

Helps me tremendously.....

much appreciated

-Matt-

Comment

Working...
          X