Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do find ave of first 30 min vol on a stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do find ave of first 30 min vol on a stock?

Hello:

I would appreciate if somebody can help me to do the following useful features in esignal if it is possible to do it:

1. SInce lots of trades happens during the first 30 minutes and this can be a good indication of what stocks are "in play", it would be useful to look at volume during the first 30 minutes.
    I need this info on about 100 stocks to input it into my xl file.
    Specifically, the average of first 30 minutes volume for 10 or 20 trading days for each stock.

Is it possible to do this in esignal? Maybe using efs scripts? Can you help me to get started on this?

2. I would also like to put the price of sp future on top pane and NYSE tick movement on the lower pane but the time should correspond between the two. Or maybe just overlay one on top of another. In tradestation , somebody already write the script to do this. Can this be done in esignal and how?

Thank you
    Tsentosa

Tsentosa,

The only way I could see accomplishing something like this is through Active X development. The EFS was primarily structured to function within eSignal and while it can used to generate external files, I think the task at hand may be best dealt with other languages.

In regards to your other question, the overlaying of one symbol on top of another, this is the most efficient way to do symbol comparisons. To do this, you would want to set up your chart symbol entry in a similar way.

Please let me know if you have any other quetions.

Comment

Working...
    X