Installing Esignal for multiple user accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Esignal for multiple user accounts

I have administrator privileges on my computer (OS: WinXP).

When I installed Esignal, will it be available for use by all user accounts on my computer, or just for my administrator account?

If not available for use by all user accounts, can a non-administrator account install Esignal?

Thanks.

Interesting questions. I know we don't have any specific documentation pertaining to this situation nor am I sure we've ever had the question before. I can poke around next week and see if anyone has any insight but you might want to just go ahead and do the install and see how it goes.

If you do go ahead with this install, please report back on your results. These Forums are a great place to keep account of these atypical situations.

Thanks.

Comment

I went into my visitor account and the eSignal Icon was not there. I went to the eSignal directory and was able to start eSignal and it downloaded data, indicating that it can be accessed from a non administrator account. I believe as an administrator, you can declare a file directory as non accessable to those without admistrator status. IMHO, that is the way to go.

Comment

If you have one account can you put it on 2 computers using them at the same time in same location?

Comment

No you cannot. When you do that with only one account, both will lock up with a duplicate feed error. You have to have 2 seperate accounts.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the anwser.

Comment

My intent is not to open up 2 instances of Esignal; it is to be able to open up Esignal from a non-administrator account. I plan to use this account for trading so that I don't accidentally install anything in the background during the trading day. It is just much safer.

I guess you can just create a shortcut on the limited account's desktop to point to the Esignal directory and that would do it, yes?

Originally posted by stevehare2003
              I went into my visitor account and the eSignal Icon was not there. I went to the eSignal directory and was able to start eSignal and it downloaded data, indicating that it can be accessed from a non administrator account. I believe as an administrator, you can declare a file directory as non accessable to those without admistrator status. IMHO, that is the way to go.

Comment

wavetrader
                Yes that will do it.
                Alex

Comment

That should work fine. I would get everything working under your administrator account, however, I think you will be able to "mess things up" equally as easy in either the administrator or the limited account.

If it is any assurance, eSignal is fairly robust, and has withstood all of my attempts to screw it up.

oops, I just saw Alex responded to post, oh well, I'll post anyways

Comment

I would like to understand what I am reading here , to run esignal on different machines at the same time you need to have a separate paid account for each machine? Or you can do this with multiple users?

thanks

Comment

Two machines
                      Two feeds
                      Two paid accounts
                      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

What I understand: You can ONLY run one instance of eSignal at the same time for each eSignal account you have.

I think you may be confusing the issue between windoze user names and eSignal use names. With each eSignal account you get a unique user name, which may be logged in only once. But it doesn't matter if you logged into windoze via the admin account or a user account...

Garth
                        Garth

Comment

Thank you Fabrizio I understand now

Comment

windoze good one Garth...

Comment

Working...
                            X