esig 7.3 download site wanted ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esig 7.3 download site wanted ....

Have replaced 7.3 with 7.5 but cant make it work. Connection is fine but charts wont work. Looking to reload good old 7.3 but cant find a site. Any ideas welcome.

Jaydee

Jaydee
    I don't know if there is a site with a copy of 7.3 but if you could describe the problem(s) you are having perhaps someone may be able to resolve the issue(s).
    Alex

Comment

my problem is....

as I said I have installed 7.5 having previously had a version of 7,3 which worked perfectly. My connection is fine (data manager says "system performing normally") and I am getting quotes of the current prices in the quote windows but no charts load. Just says "trying". --- any ideas? I have reinstalled but same problem.
      Jaydee

Comment

That sounds like it could be related to a pop-up blocker or some firewall software loaded on your PC. When you re-install, you often have to re-permission all the apps to connect to the internet. Here's an FAQ on a few programs we've run across. We've been seeing this problem more and more often in the Call Center as more manufacturers are pre-loading these filtering apps and not giving the user much information to work with.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott thanks for that.
          I cant see any obvious conflicts though.The only thing is my Norton protection software however it worked perfectly with this for v7.3.
          Could memory be an issue?
          I there anywhere I can get 7.3 back?!

Thanks for you help anyway

Jaydee

Comment

Due to the odd nature of the problem ( quotes OK but charts not connecting ), it sure sounds like a conflict somewhere. Can you at least try disabling Norton, reboot and see if you get a different result? If you subscribe to either news or Market Depth, try accessing either of those and see what happens ( data for both of those are stored on seperate server types as well, just like intraday and daily history data ). Be interesting to see if you can sucessfully get to any of our server-types, aside for the main quotes server.

In that FAQ, there's a link to a handy site that helps you evaluate every process running in the Windows Task Manager. It's quite easy to unknowingly load a file off the internet. I've done it myself several times, despite my home anti-virus/firewall set-up.

Off-hand, I'm not sure there is a site where we're storing older versions, like 7.3.

Thanks.

Comment

If you have Norton Personal Firewall, Internet Security or System Works, you can configure Norton to allow all connections for eSignal. Under the Norton Status & Settings window, select Personal Firewall, Configure, click on the Program Control Tab. Scroll down the list and look for winsig.exe and winros.exe. Internet access to this should both be Permit All. Your eSignal charts should work after this.
              Thanks,

Me

Comment

eminimee and scott
                A thousand thanks. It seems I had a block on winsig for some reason. Now working fine.

Jaydee
                Last edited by johndi; 02-17-2004, 09:55 AM.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X