browser copy on eCentral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browser copy on eCentral

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Normally if I highlight text, then right click, I can copy the text. Here on eSignal Central, I can't do that for some reason. So I find some code I would like to try, but I can't copy and paste it into an efs. I have to manually punch it all in. Big pain and error prone.

Do I need to set something up differently? Does eSignal need to change something?

bigtee

Must be something in your browser, since I can normally select and copy here (Internet Explorer 6, WindowsXP).

Edo.

Comment

Highlighting the text and hitting Ctrl-C put the text in my clipboard. I could then paste the text into other applications normally. This is with Windows 2000 (and the built in eSignal 7.2 browser or IE 6 or whatever 7.2 uses by default).

Comment

jeffc, thanks for the Control-C tip. That works, but is clumsy as I thought we left keyboard strokes behind about 10 years ago.

EdKoF, I am also running IE6 and WinXP. But the right click-copy command does not work on this site. Everywhere else but here. The Copy command does not even show up on the window that pops up when you right click. I should mention I am running 7.2 Beta, build 527.

Comment

Glad to help. If you like Ctrl-C, try right dragging a link in the integrated browser to the desktop. You may like the results.

Regarding versions, especially with the Betas, I'd recommend always using the latest version. You can find the 7.2 Gold release version 1 (i.e. out of Beta) at:

http://www.esignal.com/download/

As an aside to the eSignal folks, there's a great wealth of information available in the eSignal universe and things keep getting better, but I find eSignal Central rather difficult to navigate, both for file sharing and forums. I'm not a newbie either. I've been using the Internet since before 1980, before there were domains, IP, etc.

As a second aside, thanks for taking a relatively open approach to things. Openness is the reason for the success of the Internet, Linux, BSD, etc. and I'm glad to see it suceed here also. It would be nice to see eSignal run under X and FreeBSD or Linux in addition to Windows, though I understand that's not in the plans.
          Last edited by jeffch; 01-29-2003, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'browser copy on eCentral'

www.esignal.com/download has the latest and greatest, build 542

----- Original Message -----
            To: <[email protected]>
            Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 5:42 PM
            Subject: Reply to post 'browser copy on eCentral'

> Hello dloomis,
            >
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >

Comment

I am very sorry, I misread your question. You meant the browser within eSignal. There, I can also not right mouseclick. Ctrl-C indeed works.

Perhaps I am an oldtimer with computers, but keystrokes work faster and help prevent RSI

Cheers,

Edo.

Comment

o.k. so Control-C works to copy out of the eCentral browser.

What keyboard command do you use to paste into the eCentral browser after you have copied to the clipboard?

bigtee

Comment

What keyboard command do you use to paste into the eCentral browser after you have copied to the clipboard?
                  I've been able to paste into windows outside of eSignal with Ctrl-V. Don't know if you can paste into the eSignal browser though.

Comment

Thanks.

Control-V works on the eSignal Forum browser.

bigtee

Comment

Working...
                    X