Missing Scrollbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Scrollbar

I remember reading a post about this sometime ago but can't find it now. Sometimes when viewing an efs with many adjustable variables the scrollbar in the formula parameters section of the study property window is missing. This doesn't always happen, in fact the 1st time for an efs that should show a scrollbar it is usually there. It's usually missing on the subsequent openings for edits. This behaivior is not efs specific. I see it on all that need a scrollbar. Is there a fix for this?
    Attached Files

Since I don't know how to attach 2 files in 1 post here's a snapshot of what the window looks like with the scrollbar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi brianb,

I am able to duplicate this on eSignal 7.5. You may want to contact technical support by clicking on this link:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...t/default.asp.

Thanks,

Me
      Last edited by eeminimee; 02-20-2004, 01:18 PM.
      Thanks,

Me

Comment

I'm using eSignal 7.9 and I see that the missing scrollbar problem is still with us. This isn't a problem for me because you can easily work around this by using the mouse wheel or arrow keys to get to the parameters further down.

The problem arises with the users of my indicators because they can't understand why they can't scroll down.

My temporary solution is to go back through my documentation and add: If the scrollbar is missing then...
        This is obviously going to take me some time to do and it also requires extra support on my end relaying this information to my users.

It would be much appreciated if someone could look into this problem. Many Thanks.

I've attached an image showing the two scenarios... Not sure if that will help.
        Attached Files
        Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

I've just thought of a solution for the programmers at eSignal for this problem.

The eSignal code that puts the scrollbar there only puts it there if there are more parameters than would fit in this area. So there could be a bug in that part of the code but that's not what this is about...

How about making it a permanent scrollbar. That way the scrollbar is always there whether or not it is needed. That will solve the problem with a small aesthetic drawback that it will be there and unused if there are a few number of parameters.

(Someone once said to me: Don't complain unless you have a solution.)

Comment

Hello wildfiction,

Thank you for reporting. This was a known problem that was fixed in a previous build. I was able to reproduce the problem in build 719 and have reported this to our development team. The EDL case number for this is 537.

Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason - much appreciated.

Comment

Hello wildfiction,

It appears that the problem is exposed by having parameter names and/or default values (for .STRING) that are excessively long. If you can, try shortening those up so that the horizontal scroll bar is not needed. I think that will eliminate the missing vertical scroll bar problem as a temporary work-around.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks - I'll try that.

While on this subject - I've noticed that you can edit the Default value in the parameters but I can't see the purpose for the ability to edit this value or what it does?

Comment

Hello Wildfiction,

The default value column is there just to display the default values that were set by the formula code. Changing the values in that column will not have any affect on the formula calculations.
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

The default value column is there just to display the default values that were set by the formula code. Changing the values in that column will not have any affect on the formula calculations.
                      Initially I thought that this was a very clever way of setting the default for an EFS for yourself. If the original developer of the EFS had a default of say 3, and you always used 4, then you could change the default to 4 and each time that you loaded that EFS into a chart it would come up with your default instead of the one that the study was originally created with.

Comment

Hello Wildfiction,

That is another great idea for an enhancement. Please submit this to IDEAS.
                        Jason K.
                        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                        X