Line Function Drawing Mishap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Function Drawing Mishap

I draw horizontal rays (indicating price levels) on 3 minute advanced charts that go from left to right. These work as they should until I create a daily chart, when the rays (on some charts at least) go from right to left. This works incorrectly for weekly charts also.

Is there a way to force the rays to always go towards the right hand side of the chart?

buhrmaster

Buhrmaster,

I was unable to replicate this behavior. Can you supply a symbol where you were experiencing this? The ray feature should be drawn in depending on how the mouse is moved once the anchor point is established. The ray can become more sensitive to points to the left of the anchor point if the price magnet settings have been maximized, but it still requires a right to left mouse movement. Please let us know. Thank you.

Comment

I use futures contracts (ES H4, 6E H4, ZB H4) and usually establish the ray on a 3 minute advanced chart. As I change to longer minute intervals the rays continue toward the right hand side of the chart as desired. However as I switch to the 'D' interval the rays go toward the left of the chart more often than not.

I just retested and got the following results: when the ray was initiated in a previous day scaling up to daily bars worked fine. However when the ray was initiated on the most recent trading day scaling up resulted in the ray going in the wrong direction. This matters to me because I keep these rays around for several days.

Hope this helps.

Buhrmaster

Comment

Working...
      X