Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollinger Indicators

Hi,

Is there any documentation available on the indicators and the studies that are included in the Bollinger studies subscription. I am not referring to those studies which are available for free with eSignal. There is a whole bunch of them in that package but without any material on what they are and how to use/interpret them it is difficult to understand their results. Can someone in eSignal please point me in the right direction to these documents? Thanks.

Sesh

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your email reply to my post. I don't see your reply being posted here.

Anyway the link that you sent is the eSignal website which has a brief list of the toolkit. What I am interested is some documentation on what each of the indicators are for, how to use/interpret them. Something like (if not better) than the description of the efs studies done by TS Support. As the studies are password protected (which is understandable) we cannot look at the code and figure out what is being computed and shown. Since we are having to pay for these formula studies it should be incumbent upon eSignal/formula study providers to give some documentation on their product to help the users understand what they are and how to use/interpret them. Hope someone in eSignal will take the time to reply.

Sesh

Comment

Bollinger Bands have been in eSignal since 7.0 was released and so hopefully the original documentation we did for that release will help. Check out Appendix A of this pdf and scroll down to Bollinger Bands.

Here are a few other resources that may be of interest:

Bollinger on Bollinger Bands

Bollinger Bands described in the eSignal Learning Center

Lastly, you might want to just do a Google or Yahoo search on Bollinger Bands and see what comes up.

Thanks.

Comment

Bollinger Bands Toolkit - Add-on Studies

Hi Scott,

I am not referring to the Bollinger Bands which are included in the eSignal charting package. I am referring to the Bollinger Bands Toolkit which is an add-on package available by subscription of an additional $25. There are quite a few studies included in this toolkit but for which there is no reference material available to my knowledge. John Bollinger's web site also has information only on the bands and the additional studies available for free in eSignal. Could you please check again. Thanks.

Sesh

Comment

Hi Sesh,

To the best of my knowledge, there currently isn't any detailed information regarding the Bollinger Band Toolkit. I'm in process of checking with the Project manager for this area to determine if there is anything we can provide in the way of explanations for the use of these EFS studies. I'll reply back when I get some more information. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Sesh,

Here is the link for the studies included in the Bollinger Band Toolkit. There aren't any details regarding these studies, but rather a list of what's included. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

BB Toolkit

Hi Duane,

Thanks for getting back. It looks like you did not read my earlier post in reply to Alexis who had sent me the same link that you have sent. Is that all there is for these indicators? Can someone from eSignal ask the providers of these add-on studies to give users more documentation than just a brief summary of what is there? They are getting paid for it so why not provide that to the users? If they want users to subscribe to these add-on services they should be more user-friendly. Looking for your further reply.

Regards,

Sesh

Comment

Sesh,

We should have some additional information regarding the Bollinger Band Toolkit posted on eSignal Central sometime next week. As soon as I have the exact url for the location of the new information, I'll follow up by posting to this thread. Thank you for the input. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks Duane. I look forward to your posting of the information soon.

Sesh

Comment

Where is the additional information ?

I really want to learn how to use the Bollinger Band Toolkit , if only so my $25 isn't thrown away . I read the Bollinger book , Bollinger on Bollinger Bands .

Comment

Working...
                    X