Interactive price volume tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive price volume tool?

Is there a tool available which will sum up, or integrate volume between a start and an end time interactively? So, start time, end time, and yield the volume in between?

And/or integrate the total area traced out by price above a line with a particular start and end time? So I guess I'm looking for both price and volume integration.

I guess I could write something in EFS but it wouldn't be interactive in the sense that you could drag the beginning and end points. I could just enter start and end dates in an efs Edit Studies, and have it calculate the volume between the two points.

TIA

TIA,
    eSignal has a third party provider that does something like you suggest. The program works with price and volume alone in attempts to show market activity and momentum. Its very interesting and might be what you are looking for. eSignal Third Party Integrators and click on MarketDelta. Hope this helps!

Trevor
    Trevor
    www.marketdelta.com

Comment

bfry,

You can use the mouse click feature to do this. I am most familiar with this application but I know Garth has developed some. FibbGann has done several other nice efs's using mouse clicks (Gann fans) in addition to the previous application I mentioned.

Regards,

Comment

Steve, which "mouse click feature" are you referring to? Is there something in eSignal's client, or are you referring to a third party application?
        Thanks!

Comment

bfry,

here is an excerpt of the efs function -

PHP Code:
          Mouse Functions

The mouse functions allow EFS scripts to detect the bar index 
          and

Y-axis value of a mouse click on an Advanced chart.  To enable 
          the onLButtonDown 
          or onLButtonDblClk mouse click functions add 
          one of the following to an EFS formula
          .  However, if both
           functions are used within the same EFS
          beware that the 
          onLButtonDown 
          function will be called on the first click of the onLButtonDblClk event.

function 
          onLButtonDownbarIndex,  yValue) {

}

function 
          onLButtonDblClkbarIndex,  yValue) {

Based on what you described, using this feature would work well

Regards,

Comment

I cut this description from Chris's help file in his fileshare area and the previous post really does not give a good description of the function. If you don't already have it here is the folder from Chris's fileshare area where he keeps the latest copy.

Regards,

Comment

Steve, that's great. I had no idea about the mouse button functions... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X