X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The First Line Of Management Of Esignal

Esignal

You acknowledge that as a fairly active contributor of this community and of ESIGNAL I am allowed - for the Sake of the market/product combination - to pose you some DEFINITIVE questions.

One year is gone and we still are waiting for:

- A Decent BACKTESTING TOOL. THE ONE WE HAVE - AS PER MY POST TO A MONTENEGRO OF APRIL LAST YEAR- IS A KID TOY. Has no capacity of Optimization nor exaustive neither Genetic.
    Please give us an ETA.

- WIZARD SECOND GENERATION, EFS SECOND GENERATION .
    The EFS language is out of question very powerfull. But its is complex for the majority of the people . The wizard has STRONG LIMITATIONS . PLEASE GIVE US AN ETA FOR THE NEW WIZARD AND THE NEW EFS GENERATION LANGUAGE.

- CONTINUOS CONTRACTS; PLEASE GIVE US AN ETA

- POSSIBILITY TO CHOSE AMONG DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROLL OVER AT LEAST ON THE US EXCHANGES CONTRACTS, PLEASE GIVE US AN ETA

- POSSIBILITY TO HAVE DERIVATIVES AND EU MAJOR STOCKS ON MARKET SCANNER ( AS PER MY LONG NUMBER OF REQUESTS , POLLS ETC SINCE THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY LAST YEAR TO TT)
    PLEASE GIVE US AN ETA

- I'V BEEN ASKING TOM DEMARK - MAYBE I AM THE ONLY ONE- STUDIES SINCE APRIL. IS THERE ANY PLAN IN SIGHT ? AT THE MOMENT TDM STUDIES ARE AVAILABLE IN TRADE STATION, CQG, ASPEN GRAPHICS. DO I HAVE TO SUPPOSE THAT TDM DOES NOT WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH ESIGNAL?

- IB DOES NOT WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH YOU IN ORDER TO FIX THE PLUG IN PROBLEMS. SO DROP IB AND GET ALLIANCE WITH A MORE SERIOUS , PROACTIVE DISCOUNT BROKERAGE HOUSE.
    IS THERE ANY PLAN IN SIGHT?

One simple reflection on your price positioning: if you add up to the platinum the news, the options plus, the Market Profile, the Market depth, one or two study, the price is few hundreds USD away from CQG . Did you realized that?

One year ago the ESIG positioning was cristal clear. Now with those prices and the costant malfunctions is really foggy.
    Who is your customer and what is the comeptitive arena in which you wanna fight? .

If we exclude AGET, esignal is a "generalist" platform whom now I cannot get the mission and the philosophy. Can you explain to a active customer ( see my report on Elite Trader)?

Name of the game is focalize:
    In my opinion is uselesss to widen the number of excahnges ( Chuck post on ET) if those exchanges doi not work properly.(e.g. Eurex or IDEM, or FTSE).

And expecially do you want to keep to manage the world from the US Headquarter and the administrative "office" of London?
    The recent agreement with Paritech in distribution will bring
    us more decent "local" support in terms of invoicing, updating on malfunctions et alter?

Thank you

Last edited by fabrizio; 02-26-2004, 03:49 AM.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

eSignal 7.6, 7.7, 7.8 ...

fabrizio,

Interersting points.

As I've said on ET, we are working on many fronts at the same time. We have 5 groups working on different parts of eSignal at the same time that we bring together in releases. This has worked pretty well as we have done 6 releases in 18 months. With over 50,000 users, we get quite an earful of requests about where the products should be going.

We were given a great gift of our parent company acquiring Comstock for over $100M last year. So I am determined to add every single piece of content we have available to us to make eSignal a global product. Certainly, if you see any problem with the data, let us know as we want it as clean as you do. The company is investing over $10M to improve all parts to the Comstock ticker plant.

A new options module will be released in 7.6, Option Plus.

There is an EFS2 running around. I think we may release it in 7.7.

The will be a new News Manager in 7.7. This task has over a year's worth of work into it. This is an area users have asked for improvements.

We have to improve the symbol lookup. With all this global data we need a better way to handle this. Looking to add this in 7.7 also.

We do need global continuous contracts. This is a harder task than it appears. But we are looking at this. Plus adding intraday options data.

There is no shortage of great ideas. We are adding even more resources to these groups to move even faster than we are already moving.
    Chuck
    @eSignal

Comment

Chuck

Thanks for your answer, but , with the all due respect you know I have for you, you skipped some basic questions.

Questions "constructive" and definitively realted to the vision of the role this platform did and will play.

Only you know the answers. If you prefer not to enter into those topics I understand. You have "gazillions " of things to do and my questions are maybe irritating and time consuming.

BUT as yopu know as a corporate man , there is no needs of yes men for corporations that do not want to fall into a strategic inertia and lose the havbit to look at themselves from outside in , from a different perspective, from a totally different perspective.

There is no needs of people that do not wnat to put at stake their realtionship just for the sake of an Idea on which they believe (or believed)

All what was possible to do from my position to boost and support EVERIWHERE this Brand I did it. And I believ you know it.

Concluision: I would have preferrred a more "harsh" but "handy" answer rather than a diplomatic statement.

The point is that you are the CEO .

PS: I understand your CAPEX . But becasue of that I do not understand some things.
      Last edited by fabrizio; 02-26-2004, 11:56 AM.
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

All some of us want is just to see the float of a stock.

Tough to trade when you don't know how many shares exist in the public hands.

Comment

Chuck

OIne more thing.

I posed specific questions that need specific answers.

I believe I deserve Those answers .

If you are not willing to enter in detail have some other do it.

I hate to say so but the service you provide IS NOT FOR FREE.

Would it be a charity , I would not open my mouth.

It is not.

Please do not tumble in the pitfall of "let's launch a "reuters" statement" .
          You and me are used to that. And we had Pr offices ready to prepare them for us for even more sensible enviroments than a Forum.

Chuck , We have a large number of problems here.

I asked not when the Option plus will be in place ( I already know it) or how to better search the securities ( I already know it).

I asekd more SUBSTANTIAL and not DEMAGOCIC questions.

If this came from an affectionate customer - and you have thousands of proves of this- that by chanche is used to cover professionals position like yours, means two things:

A) I am crazy . So drop me forever

B) I am seriously concerned about THE topics and the lack of responsiviness and proactiviness that this company showed me till some times ago. So Take me in due consideration.

Even if you do not like me and do not like the way I act.

After all the way I act in business I learned in Your country.
          Last edited by fabrizio; 02-26-2004, 10:19 PM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

posed specific questions that need specific answers.
            Fab,

A lot of your questions ask for specific dates of specific deliverables. Most companies don't give this information out, except under NDA's, and even then only on a need-to-know basis.

I think what you think you deserve is greater than is reasonable, esp for a public forum.

In case you have doubts about what I am saying, try working with any of the major Fortune 100 companies (as I do on a regular basis). They have very aggressive rules in relation to such information. I have to sign multiple NDA's to perform the consulting services I do for them...

Garth
            Garth

Comment

eSignal

fabrizio,

Well, I did the best I could in a public forum. Yes, I am trying to be diplomatic and yet answer what I am comfortable with. I try not to let on beyond one release ahead of where we are at.

We have many plans and things already in the pipeline for the future and you'll have to trust our track record of always improving the product. It may not always be what you are looking for but we must weight the inputs of thousands of users.

If you still feel the need to chat, private message me, this is not the place to take this any further.
              Chuck
              @eSignal

Comment

Fine to me

PS: uhmmmm I have a folder packed with of NDA , some even lasting 5 years for a non concurrence agreement.. Sometimes I am concerned that while sleeping I dream and say something I should not.
                I seriously posed this question to Andy T. and Pete P.( my legal couns. in NYC) They told me to be carefull and better snort........

Last edited by fabrizio; 02-27-2004, 09:37 AM.
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                X