Help with Papertrade setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Papertrade setup

I have recently asked for help from Brad Matheny in developing an efs code and as a prelude to trying to autotrade with IB have tried to automate it with the papertradebroker module. The code trades for Brad on his machine and populates the paperbroker window with trade information (as it should) but when I use the exact same code on my machine it does not engage the broker window and provides no trade information. I know the efs is running because it generates chart notation.

I have checked my settings with Brad and with eSignal support to make sure the papertrader is set to default etc and also made sure that the papertrader is logged in and checked that by putting through a manual papertrade.

I don't know what to do next!

I started eSignal with 7.4 and upgraded to 7.5 when it became available and my only thought is that maybe I should download 7.5 from scratch?? If I did that, would I lose all my formulas and settings etc? Would it help? Am I overlooking something really basic?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
    Rob
    Last edited by RobMc; 02-27-2004, 04:53 AM.

One of the first things I would do is to determine if your code is sending a signal to the papertrade broker. Place a debugPrintln statement in the conditionals where you are triggering the papertrade broker calls. Put one before and after the calls within the conditional. If you do not have any output from the debugPrintln statements at all, it is a problem with your conditionals. If you have output from your first debugPrintln statement and not your second, you have an error in your papertrade calls or maybe an error in the setup of papertrade broker. If you have output from both debugPrintln statements before and after your papertrade calls and it still is not working, I would think it is something with the setup of papertrade broker.

I recommend performing the testing above before you go any further.

Comment

Steve

Thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't know where to begin with the code amendments you are suggesting (which is why I asked for Brad's help with the efs) but I don't think the problem is with the code. It works perfectly well when Brad tests it on his computer. It is only when I load it on mine that it doesn't register papertrades. That is what has led me to suspect the problem is papertrader/eSignal based and not the code.

Regards
      Rob

Comment

I would really appreciate a comment from any eSignal tech experts. I am concerned about doing a fresh install of the whole package but maybe that is my only option?

Comment

Please anybody?

Is doing a fresh install the big deal I imagine it to be? Is it easy to save layouts and formulas etc. Or am I doing something wrong with the papertrader settings?
          Last edited by RobMc; 03-02-2004, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Rob
            No it is not a big deal. To help in the task use the instructions in the attached Word doc that was compiled by JayF.
            Before you do anything though make sure you have stored to a safe place the files you have created and use such as Pages (in the Pages folder) Layouts, Charts, Quote Windows, etc (in the eSignal folder) and EFSs (in the Formulas folder)
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Alex

Thanks for you reply - very much appreciated.

Regards
              Rob

Comment

Rob,

I would only add that if you continue to have problems after the complete reload that you consider posting your code to the board. That usually will get you help pretty quick.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Noted, thanks. Fingers crossed it will be fine after the re-install :-)

Regards
                  Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X