7.6 Glitch re: floating windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.6 Glitch re: floating windows

I just downloaded version 7.6 and found that the main menu and toolbars (in my primary eSignal window) do not seem to recognize floating windows established in version 7.5.

For example, if I click on a floating Level 2 window (or chart window), although the main menu changes to Market Depth Options (or Chart Options), none of the main menu pulldowns will open, or toolbar buttons work.

If I dock and then refloat that L2 window, the commands will work. But with 6 monitors, that's a lot of docking, re-floating, re-positioning and re-sizing. Is there another way to link these floating windows back to the main window commands?

Thanks
    shaeffer

I docked and refloated all my windows over the weekend, and thought I was set to go.

As soon as I changed the ticker in a floated window, the 'link' back to the main menu was lost.

Any ideas to get around this?

Comment

Shaeffer,

If possible, can you enclose a screen shot of the "lost link"? I've been trying to duplicate the error and have not had the same experience. Please let me know and I'll keep checking different scenarios. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Duane,

There is really nothing that a screen cap can capture.

To duplicate my situation, please open a chart window in 7.6 and float it (into an area outside your primary eSignal window). When you click on this chart, then go to the main menu, the main menu pulldowns should work.

Now, save this layout, and close the 7.6 program

Now re-open with that saved layout, and click in the floating chart. After clicking in that floating chart, can you then go to the main menu and access the pulldowns?

Try changing the ticker of the floating chart, and then accessing the main menu pulldowns.

Does it work for you? Not for me.

Thanks
        shaeffer

Comment

Hi schaeffer,

Got it. I was able to replicate the issue. I've sent this over to the QA department so they investigate as to why this is occurring. As soon I have any additional information I will post to this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Hi,

Same problem for me.

Comment

Hi shaeffer,

This issue has been noted by the development team. Currently, we don't have a time table for when it will be remedied but the development staff is working diligently to get this resolved in future releases of the software. Thank you for the post.

Comment

Hi Duane,

It's always some comfort to know its not my computer only where this is occuring, so thanks for the reply.

At first glance, this seemed like a major glitch - not being able to access the main menu for any floating windows (charts, quote lists, quoteboards, market depth windows, T&S, etc). But I found that hotkeys and right-click menus still work, so its not so bad as it first seemed. That brought the question to mind - I've never seen eSignal issue a patch to fix something. Can't that be done (as opposed to waiting for the next release)?

Thanks
                shaeffer

Comment

Hi,
                  I also use a lot of pop-out windows and i'm experiencing the same problem a shaeffer since i upgraded to 7.6.

Paul

Comment

Same problem

I have the same problem, could not use mouse to open the menu in main window toolbar.
                    T think this is quite visible, why cant this be caught during QA?

Comment

I'm experiencing similar when trying to use the layout drop down, can't open a new one...I think it's relevant since I'm recent to version 7.6 and was previously not using them with any frequency. hoping that one can get resolved, that's something I need use of also.
                      michael

Comment

Hi,

We did release a new version last week that fixes the pop-out problem. Please see this other thread for more information (and a quick link to the download page).

Thanks.

Comment

Chart discontinuities

Hi Scott,

Very good that release 2 fixed the floating window to main menu link.

The issue that was not fixed in Rel 2 was chart discontinuities that occur on the right side of the chart for some indicators and some symbols. Jay was able to duplicate this. I see it on trinq, tickq and up-dnVolq (in which I use left side scaling), and also with OBV in a chart with right side scaling.

Why I mention the left side scaling is that lines created using the horizontal line tool do not extend all the way to the right side of the charts in which I use left side scaling. Where these horizontal lines stop, is where the discontinutities occur. Which is also approximately where a right side scale would have been located in the chart, if used. So it appears to me that these discontinuities are somehow caused by the left side scaling option.

This is a major glitch, imo, given that the right side of any chart is the most important. I've been trying to find out - will this be fixed in the near future?

Comment

We felt we had to move pretty quickly to get those two problems resolved as we were getting numerous complaints about both. As a result, we didn't have time to incorporate many other fixes in this maintenance release. I do believe Engineering is aware of the problem you are referring to so unless there are some unexpected complications in fixing it, I would anticipate seeing it resolved in 7.7 (ETA is June 04). When you see an announcement about the 7.7 beta being available (likely early May), I hope you'll participate and provide feedback.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the update. Knowing that the problem is known and being worked on is some consolation.

I use the indicators I mentioned to confirm new trend highs/lows, which is typically when I decide to enter or exit a trade. When the indicator is misaligned, it breaks my information flow at a critical time, so personally it has been very frustrating and seemed like a high priority fix. But it seems not many others have complained, so I'll wait for the 7.7 beta release.

Thanks again for the update
                              shaeffer

Comment

Working...
                              X