Paper Trading, How to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Trading, How to

in V7.6, What is best way to paper trade. I have no accounts setup with any broker. I want to make simulated trades, and view results in a log. I also want to use either Playback files or realTime data. I have not been able to accomplish this yet. Any guidence appreciated.
    Regards

Hi venture,

The paper trade feature doesn't require an brokerage account. The Broker sub menu from the Trade menu allows ficticious orders to be placed in either a real time or playback environment. Once the Broker window has been opened, paper trades can be executed either through the Trade menu or through the Order Ticket feature. This feature will keep a log of the executions through either the Executions or Trade History tab. I've enclosed a few screen shots for further explanation, but please feel free to post if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Comment

Just an FYI. When I asked your Live Rep for assistance a few weeks ago getting the Order Ticket you displayed below to work I was told that this feature does not work for paper trades.

Comment

Thanks Duane
        But the bad news is, I cannot make this work.
        If I set pref to activex (noBroker) as default, I DO get entry ticket at bottom of chart. But, I cannot enter trades using Realtime feed. Also the stops boxes have incorrect prices in them for the EuroFX (6e H4). If I use The paper trader, I get a sound effect when I enter trade, but no record log of trades as far as I can tell.
        Please provide step by step instructions for users with no broker or TWS.
        Regards, Will

Comment

paper trade price recording

I tried the paper trade module using downloaded tick data, and everything works fine, except the price only records to 2 decimal places (sometimes 3 .... haven't figured out why it choses one or the other). Since Eurex futures are in 4 decimal places, the order summaries usually show 'zero' for gain/loss figures because they are using only the 2 decimal place figures for calculation.

Any way to get the paper trader to calculate in 4 decimal places?

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

The Euro FX futures, eSignal symbol 6E #F has a tick size of 0.0001, so please make that 4 digits beyond the decimal. Better yet, just handle any precision.

Comment

Paper trading options

I want to clear out all paper trade data from past paper trades, how do u do this?

Also i want to place stop orders in papertrade mode and i dont see how to do this

Comment

Hi Wramos,

You may want to review the following thread that addresses how to remove past trades from the paper trade window. As far as setting a stop loss with the paper trade feature, you need to first set the eSignal Paper Trade preferences as illustrated below.

Then, you need to choose the method of entering orders. In this case, you want to choose "Stop".

From this point, every trade you enter will have the option of entering a stop price along with the order.

Comment

Working...
                X