Displaying exchange time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying exchange time

Is it possible to set eSignal to display exchange time instead of local time ? This would be very useful for me since I live in the UK and have to constantly convert between my time and CST for ES trading.

Many thanks,

Darko

Hi Darkoroje,

One way to accomplish this is to set your PC clock to the time zone of the market you wish to follow. If you are tracking the NYSE, then setting your clock to EST would accomplish the results I believe you are looking for. The same applies for Chicago exchanges such as the CME and CBOT. The time templates in eSignal are based off the PC clock. I hope this helps.

Comment

on a similar note, does anyone know if it's possible to alternate the date format in eSignal from US format to UK format?

Cheers

Comment

dsmodi
        As far as I know that is not possible from within eSignal. You may be able to do that by selecting a different Locale in the Regional Options (under Windows Control Panel)
        Alex

Comment

I think that dloomis wrote an efs to display exchange time. You may want to search the efs forum under his id or PM him.

Comment

I too find this very annoying that I must adjust my PC clock to get correct information from eSignal. I set up time templates and that has worked fine for the past months but Monday when most of the USA goes to daylight savings and Arizona does not my charts will be all screwed up. I use my computer for other things besides trading and time stamps are sometimes important on those other things. This might not seem important to East or West coast users as there are templates that work great, but how much trouble could it be to have the option of running the charts off exchange times rather than the users PC clock...Qcharts works that way.

Comment

Would be nice if eSignal could indeed do something about it for us non-US residents.

Pls refer to my thread for another issue pertaining to time zones.

No response there as yet by eSignal.

Comment

Exchange time

The funny thing is that the actual eSignal data feed uses exchange time. I use Dynamic Trader of eSignal data (in addtion to eSignal) and that displays exchange time! It looks like a very small change to make to the program I am suprised it has not already been added as an option.

Darko

Comment

Working...
                X