Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formula request

hi,

i registered for a formula request 2 weeks ago and still no reply.
    any idea how long it will take to benefit from the great offer ?

thx ESES

I have been waiting for a few months, so let me know if u get contacted. I think they are plenty busy doing what they r doing.

Meanwhile try asking here, plenty of people who would help u. Go to ESF category and start a thread with ur request.

Kiri

Comment

Hi ESES, Kiri,

Thank you for your post. We are currently running 2 - 3 weeks turnaround with the amount of request we have received. ESES, your's may be in the works now.

Kiri, if you have submitted one months ago, then I'm afraid there's something else up with that one. If you would both private email me with your CID#, I'll look into it.

Thanks,
      Andy S.
      eSignal Support

Comment

hi andy,

thx for reply,

whats the CID# you want me to send ?

franz

Comment

Hi ESES,

FYI - I sent you a private message with more details. Please repond to that and we'll get this taken care of.

Thanks,
          Andy

Comment

I don't have a CID#

I didn't get any reply, so don't know if there was a CID#, anyway some generous people have helped me and solved the immediate issues I had.

I was just encouraging eses to post his problem and see what the solution would be. And am sure it will help others who have not come forward with the same issue.

Kiri

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS
              Thank you for your post. We are currently running 2 - 3 weeks turnaround with the amount of request we have received.

Thanks,
              Andy S.
              eSignal Support

Still running 2-3 weeks? Checking on my submittal via on-line form dated Jan. 20 (almost 4 weeks).

A comprehensive EFS manual would definitely cut the formula requests.

I’ve attempted to learn EFS, but the problem I run into is that there is no one central, organized, searchable reference manual to study and learn EFS in progression. There’s no progressive tutorials either. All I find are bits and pieces in no particular order, spread all over.

A big help would be the consolidation of every bit of EFS information into one central, well-organized, searchable manual. And I mean EVERYTHING in one searchable volume. It's really difficult learning the language and finding things with information so fragmented and disorganized now.

The manual, as well as chat and video tutorials about EFS should start with the absolute basics (e.g. how a formula works, then parts of a formula; studies, premain, main, etc.), and then incrementally progress to writing a basic formula (essential elements of formulas, example formula and explain each line, etc.), and so on.

Maybe one staff member could be designated eSignal "Librarian", and could be charged with organizing and managing the EFS Manual. The goal should be “EVERYTHING in one well-organized, searchable volume”. It would sure help.

Comment

Guides....

Lancer,

Visit my file share group - Matheny Enterprises and download the following...

The Guide to Developing EFS Indicators
                The Guide to Developing EFS Strategies
                The Guide to Developing EFS Graphics.

These should also be available in the eSignal file share group, but I know they are available in my group.

I have taken the liberty to create some simple guides for beginners, intermediate and advanced EFS programmers. The next guide will be the "Guide to Developing RT EFS Trading Applications". This last guide is currently over 30 pages long and includes lots of code.

I believe my examples will be of great use to you. I can also assist in developing the indicator you are in need of...

There are pleanty of files here on file share that could be used as examples of what you want to accomplish. Also, the eSignal group has a ton of support material. Other than that, EFS is Java - the best way to learn is to try something simple and expand from there.

I have been working with a very good friend who is 84 years young and he has recently begun modifying EFS files I create to his needs. This is an example that anyone can do it - with enough guidance.

Post your reply here and tell me more about what you want. Maybe I can help...

Best rergards,

Brad
                Brad Matheny
                eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Doji, thanks for the heads-up on those guides. Also, thanks for the offer of assistance. That sure is appreciated.

If EFS is Javascript, there must be a progressive Javascript tutorial and manual already somewhere on the web. Does anyone have a link to a "Beginning Javascript" tutorial/manual that is particularly applicable to EFS-type formulas?

I did a Google search, and got pages of links to sift through. I don't know what Javascript information is important to know for EFS, and what's not. A lot of what I found has to do with creating webpages, etc., which may be good to know later, but it's not applicable right now to start with.

Comment

this link probably has the best web based javascript definitions

I also bought Javascript byO'Reilly. Not bad for a book of it's type - well written and answered a lot of the questions I had about how JS works.

Nothing like trying to code something up for learning the true ins and outs.

Comment

Working...
                    X