Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP JAY Parabolic Study Code

Hello,

I'm trying to move my indicators over to E-Signal, and am finding that the E-Signal parabolic has 3 parameters (start, accel, max) whereas my existing software only has two (acceleration , max).

Can you please post the code for the parabolic study so I can see how E-Signal calculates parabolic? Thanks.

Hi mclargo,

As far as the calculation of the Parabolic Study is concerned, eSignal follows the industry standard for the calculation. Here is the calculation of the Parabolic SAR

A. If Long:
    For each time period take the difference of the high of the period and the SAR for the period (so for time period 2, e.g. day 2 - take the difference of the high for day 2 from the SIP) and multiply this number by Wilder's acceleration factor (AF). This total is then added to the SAR for the period (i.e. to the SIP for day 2) and this will give the SAR for the following period (i.e. the SAR for day 3 to continue the example). This can be summarized as
    (High of the period - SAR for the period) x AF + SAR for the period = the SAR for the next period.

e.g. (High of day 2 - SIP) x AF + SIP = SAR after day 2 for day 3

B.If Short:
    For each time period take the difference between the low of the period and the SAR for the period and multiply this number by the AF and subtract this total from the SAR for the period and this will be the SAR for the next trading period.

i.e. (Low of the period - SAR for the period) x AF - SAR for the period = the SAR for the next period.

e.g. (High of day 2 - SIP) x AF - SIP = SAR after day 2 for day 3.

This is a rough explanation of the calculation behind the study. You may want to take a look at
    TraderTalk.com for a complete explanation along with the variables. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X