horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizontal lines

Is there a way to make a ray or segment horizontal? It's sometimes very difficult and time consuming(and impossible) to get it to go exactly horizontal. Another charting program has a feature where if you hold Shift while adjusting the angle of a line it makes it go exactly horizontal. Does eSignal have anything like that?

Thanks, ez

Hello Efremiv,

One trick I use to insure that my segments and rays are exactly horizontal is by using the cursor tracking /cross hairs feature. As I am drawing the segment, I line up the drawn line with the horizontal axis of the cross hairs. The cross hairs are composed of right angles, so it helps to use them when defining the slope of the segment or ray. To the best of my knowledge, eSignal doesn't have a feature where a user can "snap" their lines to exactly vertical or horizontal. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Another method I use is to actually select the Horizontal line tool which requires to clicks - place the start and end points then edit the line and change it back to segment. I found this to be much faster than using the cross hairs.

Comment

Working...
      X