tendlines that won't stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tendlines that won't stay

Trendlines placed on my tick charts do not stay in the place I put them as the chart progresses forward. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the time charts.

I am using trendlines on an indicator (CCI), and as soon as the chart progresses forward, the line actually goes faster than the chart, so that it no longer connects peaks (or valleys) where I had originally put it.

Anything I can click on to stop this, or is it just one of those charting gremlins.

Phil

I experience the same thing on any tick chart that has an interval (89t, 133t etc.) I use the Fib. retracement and anchor it all the way to the right of my chart. Once a new bar gets added, the lines get truncated and only extends up to the previous bar. I am on 7.6 build 634.

Thanks,

Me
    Thanks,

Me

Comment

Phil, Me
      This will happen when an anchor point is beyond the current bar ie where time is not defined on tick based charts.
      A workaround with trendlines is to to use Ray or Extended lines making sure that the last anchor point is on or to the left of the current bar. The same with Fib Ret (or Ext) where you can use the Extend Lines option.
      Hope this helps
      Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis, this workaround should work for me ...... and provide an idea for improvement for you

Thanks, Phil

Comment

I'll try this Alexis, thanks!

-Me
          Thanks,

Me

Comment

Working...
          X