No announcement yet.

Why loading 60min intraday charts is so slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I to tried what stevehare2003 suggested and still have the same slow loading 60min Advanced chart problem.

Any more suggestions...

_____
    Brian

Comment

Hi all,

Like Andy indicated earlier in this thread, everytime I bring up 60 minute charts, whether it be at home on a cable modem or in the office, they pop-up quickly and w/o incidence. I'm wondering if anyone has tried pulling up 60 minute charts in a Standard Chart? Perhaps even close all windows and bring-up just a SC and try a few fresh requests. It would be very helpful to know whether SC and AC acted differently (pointing more to software) or acted the same (perhaps pointing more to a server issue).

Thanks.

Comment

Scott
        Tried that too using similar Time Templates on both and Advanced Charts always return OK in the Server Status window before Standard Charts.
        As to David's finding that the shorter interval charts begin to populate slightly ahead of the longer interval ones but then complete the process at the same time I see the same at my end.
        All the above with uncached data, three different machines with different OS(s) and two versions of eSignal (7.5 and 7.6)
        Alex

Comment

ScottJ

I Just compared a 60min Standard Chart to a 1min Advanced Chart . Both loaded at about the same time until I went into the standard charts Properties, Generals and increased the number of days from 3 to 60. This then caused the 60min Standard Chart to slow down just like it did when running the Advanced Chart.

____
          Brian

Comment

Brian and Alex - thanks for the additional info.

Looks like we'll need to try some more testing in-house and see if we can't duplicate what some users are seeing. It would help to more precisely define the term "slow". Does it take 1-2 seconds to load a SC with 60 days of 60 minute bars, 3-4 seconds, 5-6, etc? Same with AC.

Thanks.

Comment

Standard charts is very quick loading no matter what interval I use so no problem there for me.

In advanced charts, the longer the timeframe in intraday the slower the display & loading, 1min through to 10min very quick, about 2sec max, 15min 3-4sec, 60min & higher intraday timeframes 10-20sec, daily weekly & monthly as fast as 1-5min intervals.

Robert

Comment

ScottJ

Just finished timing it.

Advanced 60min chart takes approximately 8 seconds to load. 1,2 and 5 min chart take 2 seconds to load.

_____
                Brian
                Last edited by Co|dStee|; 03-20-2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X