Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Layouts

I want to do the following.

Making a new folder Layouts. In this folder I want to save 5 subfolders. Each of this subfolder should contain 30 - 35 charts.
    I dont know why but it is not possible for me to do this.
    What I am doing wrong?

Tomcat

Tomcat,

Can you explain exactly where you are having difficulties when trying to create the new folders and sub-folders? Please let me know and we can try to help you get this resolved.

Comment

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth.

A layout (as well as a page) saves everything: quo, dtl, por etc. It looks like Tomcat wants to be able to view a collection of charts on issues he follows. What a novel idea. Maybe eSignal should consider changing how it handles pages. A page should be a subset of a layout containing only 1 or more charts. And we should be able to save the contents of the "page window" as a page file with all our lines and notes thus eliminating the Line List problem. And maybe even bring back auto rotate.

Comment

I had the problem that I restarted my pc to fast and esignal could not save the page.

It should be possible that I can create a folder where my icons
        are saved. If this will happen again I could only go to the folder, maybe "daytrading" and open this. And all the icons are on the
        esignal desktop.

Take a look at Tradestation 2000i. It is called "Workspace".
        If you see this you know what I mean.

Thank you

Tomcat

Comment

Tomcat,

It is a fairly simple process to create a set of folders and sub-folders to save your work.

For example, within the eSignal directory, I have created several new folders and given them unique names. Within each of these folders, I have created several sub folders for different layouts that I have created. To build a custom folder within the eSignal directory, I simply right clicked on the "Start" button in the lower left hand corner of Windows and chose "Explore."

I then went to Program Files > eSignal and begin by creating a new folder directly within the eSignal directory. I then simply opened the new folder to begin creating my subfolders. I then save my different layouts into specific folders and subfolders to organize my saved work. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I think it was a software problem.
            I reinstallt esignal. Now it is possible.

But I have a suggestion for esignal.
            You could make it much easier for us if you would give us the
            possibility to change the workspaces or layouts at the bottom of the software. Like the funktion stack studies in the chart.

I know this from TS 2000i. It is very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Tomcat

Comment

Now I have a new problem.

I made three layouts (I,II,III) whith nearly twenty charts each.
              If I open one layout, maybe III with US stocks and want to save each with the name of the stock I cant save them under the folder layout III. Do I have to create a folder III additionaly to save them by their names?

Tomcat

Comment

Hi Tomcat,

If I am understanding your question right, then yes, creating a sub-folder (in this case, named III) would be the best way to go as to organizing and containing your work under this layout. Per my screen shot that I included a couple of posts ago, I created a separate folder (Duane's Charts) under the eSignal directory so that I can store any specific charts within this folder. I placed my folder in the main eSignal directory so that I didn't have to dig through the file structure to recall my work. Please let me know if this is what you were looking for. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X